Y&R: Michael Muhney Interview

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No matter what you think of Muhney, giving any credit or praise to Chris Engen seems unjustified and ridiculous.

Chris Engen said and did all the wrong things, and came across as anti-gay and homophobic. When it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

• Members

I don't know much about It other than he took umbrage to the Adam SL with Rafe...I gave him the benefit if the doubt in thinking he felt that story with Adam using Rafe was an insult to the gay community. Not that this couldn't happen but when you only have one gay character and this is what you do....just no. And there has been no mention of Adam being gay or bisexual afterwards. I mean really, what kind of crap was that.

• Members

We'll never know for sure what CE or MM for that matter are like BTS. At least CE didn't come off as self-righteous in interviews as MM. Plus CE was very easy on the eyes, a decent actor and I cared for his Adam. I'd welcome him back in a second.

• Members

Maybe the fact that the man has absolutely no clue what constitutes actual drama. Sorry but the aspect of redemption is real. Perhaps he's never read any of the classics of Greek drama? I would suggest that he start by looking up the definition of catharsis and its relationship to redemption in Greek drama.

Or even Shakespeare, maybe (hello, does Hamlet ring any bells?).

He tries to sound like an astute, intelligent student of drama and the sum total of all its aspects. To me, he just comes off sounding like an a*s*s*. Plain and simple.

As a writer, I would never work with an actor like MM. I find him insulting to the writers in general (granted these are not at the top of the echelon but they are still his writers, he did not write his own scripts no matter what he says)

He is beyond self important and disingenuous. What's worse, is he has no idea the drivel that emerges from that enormous pie hole.

• Members

Chris Engen doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. He NEVER made a statement saying that he felt Adam was using Rafe in that s/l.

The only thing that came out was that Engen was against playing gay, and he never defended himself against charges of intolerance or homophobia.

Archived