Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm about to the point where I wish they would kill off Billy. Jess Walton can get some good material out of that, it would provide material for the Abbott family and it would end that boring ass couple Villy.

The MCE hype comes from when she played crazy Annie on AMC. I thought she was interesting opposite JY but she's dull ass hell on Y&R.

• Members

I wouldn't kill Billy off, but I'd write him out. I've never liked him, and he's a pointless character. Most of the hype around him tends to involve actors (KILLER MILLER! KILLER MILLER! DAVID TOM! DAVID TOM!!) and once people get bored of the clowning and red-faced tantrums, nothing is left.

• Members

I always thought MCE was cast on the wrong show. I always feel B&B should've snagged her instead. She should've been Caroline.

And I always feel that Y&R should've snagged Chrishell Stause. She has that look, sex appeal to play a classic sexy, vampish, YR vixen.

And I don't think Billy needs to be written off. He just needs to be taken far, FAR away from the Newman orbit. They've made Victoria domesticate Billy when I feel like Jack, he should've been the scandalous town playboy. Hell, I think they should be doing that Kyle now. At least they were going that route w/ Hood and the beginning of Sawyer's reign. Now the character is in limbo, which is a shame for the son of Diane & Jack--2 notorious schemers.

• Members

CS can't really act though, she always needs other actors to elevate her material, she's basically a mirror and she can't carry a scene on her own. All of the weight to make the scene work rests on whatever character is opposite hers. I don't think Y&R needs that dead weight. CS is worse than MCE, MCE at least can make a stock character work on her own (Crazy!Annie shows this). CS could never make Amanda interesting, it was always other actors who made her shine by proxy of their performances (Kate Collins, Jacob Young, Vincent Irizarry, RPG, etc).

• Members

Newer viewers only saw MAB's version of Kay, the one who worshipped Victor over her own family, so I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them.

Long time viewers know it pointless to complain about EB's character and that females aren't included in the business stories.

The only way Jill could get Chancellor Industries these days is if Kay left her a dick in that box.

• Members

Victor getting CI explains why the writers gave Devon so much in the will. They wanted to quiet the cries of people who would call foul on once again shutting the door on any AA person having real power and story on the show by actually owning a business. No, only certain people can actaully own businesses and be major players on this show.

Archived