Victoria Rowell Launches Kickstarter Campaign for "The Rich and the Ruthless"

• Members

I think there is somewhat of a backlash against celebs and known names on Kickstarter now.

I read recently sometime ago that Shemar Moore tried to raise funds on Kickstarter and basically never met his goal (not even close. He then took his project to Indiegogo where he actually exceeded his goal.

I wonder whether Victoria will do the same as Shemar and pitch her project on Indiegogo?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I think the whole point of the title, as Chris says, is that it's derivative of the Bell soaps. I dunno--as others have said I'd be more interested in this if I knew more about the writing--I haven't read her novel, and the main reason shows like Gotham haven't done anything for me has been down to the writing. Yes, you see your soap faves, but there's very little compelling juice there.

• Members

We're all forgetting there is no actual project here.

There is no real impetus. There is no original material. There is no plan, no story, no independent thought. No future.

The entire "project" - a "clever" parody of Y&R behind the scenes - is just another thin conceit for Rowell to continue trying to lobby to get more attention back on herself vis a vis Y&R, and lobby her way back onto the show. And just like her last several Twitter meltdowns tweeting at everyone to boycott Sony and CBS while attacking key company executives, she is so far through the looking glass she has no idea how bad an idea this is.

That's all this is about: "Me, me, Y&R, talk about me and Y&R, I need to be back on Y&R."

It's just a much longer series of tweets. And it's sad, because she is so talented.

• Members

Indiegogo is where the non celebs had to run to when celebrities started jumping on the Kickstarter bandwagon.

I hate those web soaps where they spend all their focus on shoving as many "names" into it as possible instead of working on the actual story. Its why I could never get into The Bay/

• Members

How you know these people going to be in it. & since this suppose to be behind the scene type of soaps. We always said that behind the scenes seems more interesting then what they putting on the TV. Back to what I was saying, I wonder if they going to have somebody stalking Davetta like what happen in real life.

Archived