Victoria Rowell Launches Kickstarter Campaign for "The Rich and the Ruthless"

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course based in current trends, this won't come close to it's goal, but I'd like to see her succeed in getting the project off the air. She's obviously a great talent and considering how bad some of this black shows are these days, I don't see why she shouldn't get a chance. Everybody and their mother has had the opportunity now with BET, VH1 and TV One doing scripted shows.

• Members

No. Just...no.

And I agree with the issues stated above with Kickstarter. It used to be a place where people who had real projects and were willing to put in the work could find support from genuinely interested people. Now it's turned into a party where your drunk ex corners you to ask for money.

• Members

I actually saw every casting call for this project a couple of weeks ago. I didn't post it because I wasn't trying to start anything. But I can send it to anyone who wants to donate so they know what they're donating to.

I won't be donating and I agree with the issues people have stated about kickstarter. I was one of the ones annoyed that the Veronica Mars producers used kickstarter to get funds for their movie.

• Members

You know, when I saw Tainted Dreams, I immediately thought of her book. I am not saying theft of idea but....

As for Veronica Mars...people are always talking about "saving the show". I see kickstarter as i way for them to put money where their mouth is.

For all those that are so pissed at Oprah. I wonder what they would have done if she told them to raise half and she would do the other half....

• Members

Characters include: a pair of extremely good-looking and fit soap hunks, one black and a real player, the other, a heavily accented latino; black/asian twins, one male, one female, heirs to the R&R dynasty; a feisty southern black grandma; a JC/Kay-type and a MS/Phyllis-type; the show's longtime receptionist; a middle-aged military man; a young, devious, slinky, and scantily clad vixen.

• Members

Maeve is the JC/Kay-type I mentioned, as I'm sure you gathered. If they could get Elaine Stritch that would be quite the casting coup. Doubt it though.

Vee, it's shooting in Los Angeles. They have a SAG-AFTRA agreement and are seeking union actors. That's all I got.

• Members

Yes, and it's my hard earned dollar Chit, if you want to donate a dollar in my name... :) . If I gave a dollar to everyone who wanted it..... Like I said, I'm happy to promote and push (and watch), but I do have an issue with giving money to actors, producers, etc. I loved Veronica Mars, but same thing. I'd rather give to charity. Also, the $1 donations aren't going to cut it. VR needs to do some major pushing. In 13 days (it's a 40-day campaign from what I read), and she only has $850+ from 24 people. I really hope this works out for her!

• Members

It's sad this Kickstarter isn't going well and I hope this still gets filmed. The cast so far is GREAT! Kimberlin Brown, Brenda Epperson, Davetta Sherwood AND Victoria Rowell? That is more than enough to have me glued to the screen.

Archived