Victoria Rowell Launches Kickstarter Campaign for "The Rich and the Ruthless"

• Members

51 hours to go and somebody just donated $10,000 to this project! She's also had 3 $1,000 donations. When she first launched this campaign she wasted so many days since there was no promo, but recently it's really been picking up. I wish she had longer because I now believe she could reach her goal. She''s been on Tom Joyner and both he and Roland Martin from CNN have been tweeting support as well.

Here's an interview on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMj1W5S-a10

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope it works out for her. I know she has her problems but I get kind of tired of she and her fans constantly being referred to as lunatics. There's a lot more there, and she has so much talent and charisma, it just seems like so much gets in the way, some of her own making, some of this industry.

• Members

I agree with you to a point, Q. This time she is giving incentives to people who donate. There's a list on the right, so it doesn't seem as egregious to me, as people keeping the money without giving anything back. As a non rich person, any donations I make go to actual needy people and animals, but I still wish her success and luck. I can't help thinking this could be a drama gold mine.

• Members

Well, she made over $17,000 on kickstarter and she had a lot less time. She has 60 days to do it here and it looks like she gets to keep whatever she raises. I can see some super fans giving money for the meet and greets she is offering. Hell, one package even offers walk on parts on the show or some such. I'm guessing she has some wealthy fans out there who might shell out for that sort of thing.

• Members

Maybe she's going off the advice of Shemar Moore. His pitch for Kickstarter was worse than hers, imo and he didn't make his goal on Kickstarter and moved it to indiegogo where he made his goal easily.

Personally, her idea is at least more interesting than his snooze of a RomCom.

• Members

I posted a link some posts up about a board game that raised over $120,000 through kickstarter. It depends on how you pitch things. A couple of years back this graphic novelist kickstarted a graphic novel at an exorbitant kickstart and failed miserably. Her rationale was she needed money to eat and therefore was going to pay herself out of the kickstarter funds. I think she said she needed $60,000, and there is no way that was what was needed to produce a giant comic book.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived