Victoria Rowell Launches Kickstarter Campaign for "The Rich and the Ruthless"

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, God, you're so fuckin' right. That's exactly my reaction and that's exactly why I had it.

It has nothing to do with Kickstarter rapidly becoming a sad money dump for foolish pie in the sky vanity projects with no chance, often spearheaded by irresponsible or unstable people with no real business plan, achievable goals and milestones, or any kind of infrastructure or experience.

And I haven't even gotten to talking about Vicky Rowell or this "project" yet.

But you go ahead. Tell me it's about me being a [!@#$%^&*] racist. Right after you show me the [!@#$%^&*] business plan, goals and milestones.

• Members

Exactly. I'LL PASS ON THIS & add that I cannot f-cking stand how Kickstarter has become this trifling hub for celebs to grub money out of their fans like they don't have loads of dough laying around already! It just annoys me to no end! Meanwhile, countless promising projects by independent filmmakers (AKA what the site was originally geared towards) are barely or not even meeting their pledge every day. Done!!

Good luck to her though!

• Members

I hope it works for her. Would be great to see this on OWN or BET. Lifetime would be awesome, but I believe the previous two networks would be willing to ride it out longer. If I could afford to donate, I would. Will just have to support through Facebook and Twitter.

Archived