Victoria Rowell Launches Kickstarter Campaign for "The Rich and the Ruthless"

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's sad that as she's started promoting it, her Kickstarter is doing well, but it just won't make that target in 11 days. She should've done it on the same platform as Shemar Moore, which allows you to keep the money even if it doesn't reach the goal.

• Members

Wouldn't that just piss off the people who donated? I guess there is also nothing stopping her from trying another platform to raise her money. Maybe she should go for a more modest goal next time? Not sure if you have to have such a large minimum, since I'm not familiar with any of these platforms.

• Members

When Shemar Moore did his, he raised almost 250,000 and he ended up losing all that because he didn't reach his 500,000 goal on Kickstarter. On the other website he used, he raised even more than 500,000 without the time limit. If anything, I'd be pissed if I was willing to donate (which in this case I did) and they didn't give the project my money. Even thought she's nowhere close to the 50,000, perhaps what money she's raised could be used in some way. I wonder what will happen when she doesn't reach the goal.

• Members

I don't see a problem with the artist not getting the money if they don't meet the goal. My money is going for a specific project. It's an investment that I expect some sort of return on, not a gift. If you don't have enough other support for that project and won't be able to do it then give me back the money so I can give it to another project with a greater chance of success. Otherwise, it's just too easy for someone to scam a bunch of cash off fans by promising something cool that they have no intention of doing and setting an unreasonable goal then keeping the donations they do get as a slush fund.

• Members

Money is kept by kickstarter for the donor's protection. Had they turned over the $4000 or whatever to VR she would have no chance to produce the show and the donor would have no legal recourse to reclaiming their money. There really isn't much a donor can do now to reclaim their funds once turned over to the project, but at least kickstarter protects it until the project gets the amount needed.

This project was to produce a board game:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forkingpath/the-doom-that-came-to-atlantic-city/comments

the game company took all the money, claims he spent it on whatever that was not the game itself, and now all the people are out of luck.

Archived