Glee actor found dead

Eric83

• Members

Monday is going to be an explosion of interviews and statements, the B story after the Zimmerman verdict. It's too soon to speculate but you know good and well the creative team is already wondering how to address this on the show. Glee has dealt with some heavy issues but this is almost too dark and heavy, especially if they try to dramatize the character's passing in an art imitates life PSA sort of way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd be horrified if they did recast. That said based on the show, killing the character would be difficult as it is a black comedy in some ways. I'd just have the character off screen at college until they figure out the best way to handle it.

• Members

I had a feeling it was him when I saw the title. So sad

I don't think they'll recast and really they shouldn't. He was mainly an extension of the main star, Rachel, and she and her story has moved past him. Finn's kind of been a loser with little purpose in life this past season. I don't think his absence would hurt the show

• Members

Why even post that....just so depressing. He seemed like such a sweet shy person. I have no idea what drove him into drugs but its just tragic that he's gone.

As for Glee I just feel horrible knowing that "Finchel" will never have their happy ending. Nor will there ever be any kinda final closure moment for his former cast mates and the young fans of the show.

What an absolutely ridiculous weekend this has been....

• Members

Say what you want, but I was definitely shocked to hear this. Such a young age, and with a future ahead of him. After his family, friends, and co-stars, I feel most for the younger fans of the show. It's sad to know that a show that brings so much happiness to so many people will now have this tragic scar on it. Very sad news indeed.

Knowing not what they plan for next season, I wonder how hard it would be to write the character out in a "final" way that allows them to pay tribute to CM while also maintaining the show's tone.

Archived