GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whereas I thought Natalie was pretty much [!@#$%^&*] on to glorify John for almost the sum total of the relationship. Different strokes.

All of it awful.

This is not to say his stories with Natalie weren't too, because oh my God, they were. It was just all uniformly terrible, because ultimately John was not a strong or layered character who could support so much heavy story piled onto his shoulders. He was a cipher. He had the illusion of layers, not the real thing.

• Members

I was touched that they had that photo of Steve up in the conference room or break room or whatever, really I was, and that they acknowledged the anniversary of his death. But its placement and framing, etc. just made it look like it was in a Howard Johnson's.

Worst Companion Ever.

• Members

That's actually a good pairing - Jack loves the broody guys.

In this universe, there are no Weeping Angels, only Crying Cartinis. ("Don't remember history. Whatever you do...don't remember history.")

Now I have an excuse to put up a new avatar.

• Members

Many of them have been in the business for a very long time, and we are not that much smarter than they are. The actors/performers know this is rotgut of the highest order, but what can they say? More than 1/2 this cast has never been subjected to this particular kind of "soap". I'm pretty sure that when they receive the scripts, they have to be looking for missing pages because it can't make sense to them why the character is acting a certain way or how they got from point A to B. Ratchet!

• Members

I'm sure Roger Howarth is fine with it. After all, his old soap was cancelled and he now has a starring role on General Hospital. In fact, he gets more airtime than all of the other GH actors. What's not to be happy about?

Archived