OLTL: Tuesday June 4, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I liked today MUCH better than last week. I was not impressed with the 22 minutes.

I'm sorry about the giraffe continues to be one of my favorite lines ever. Because that's what one would be worried about when on the run for their life. That said, I really want Tea to have something more to do IF TSJ is not popping up soon. Not even necessarily romance- lawyer stuff, more family stuff, whatever.

I'm not sure I'm feeling the drug story but I liked that it gave us the Todd/Dani moments at the nail salon. I thought they were both really endearing. And then we got thrown a little Todd/Dorian- they play off each other the same way they did in the 90s. Some things don't need to evolve.

If Drew is going to be 3, I'm glad they're making Matthew more reluctant/scared/immature when it comes to Drew rather than outright deadbeat/won't even acknowledge this kid. I liked that he took all of Destiny's laying into him without getting defensive or leaving. I liked Nora backing out of the coffee shop before they saw her. Overall, I really liked their stuff today. It wasn't plotty but I think it moved or at least helped develop their story.

And poor Jeffrey- Des threw his name out there when she clearly wanted to irk Matthew but the second Matthew smiled at Drew, she was all I don't need his number/can I cook dinner for you. Oh Jeffrey's starstruck reaction to Snoop was cute.

And Dorian is back and looking much better than in the earlier eps. And in the previews for Thursday- wonderful. I think the Pellegrino story is about to take off and I'm ready for some Viki/Clint turmoil and some classic Dorian/Viki

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's show and I didn't even mind the "A Team", in fact I loved Destiny giving Matthew hell.

Really liked the Viki, Clint & Jeffery scenes and then the Viki/Clint scenes. It will be interesting to see where the story goes next.

Loved the stuff with Todd & Dani. Very cute.

Do they not know what to do with David?

Where's my damn Natalie??

• Members

Today was much better than last week

I liked the Todd/Dani scenes.

Dorian/Todd snarking at each other is always fun.

Viki's story is finally heating up. No matter what decision she makes The Banner will come out on the losing end I'm sure. Why do I get the feeling that Jeffrey's source is

Thank you show for finally giving me a Matthew/Destiny/Drew scene. It was good to see another layer to this story. Matthew tried today, I'll give him that. Still I can't blame Destiny for being on his case. Buying your kid juice doesn't make up for 3 years of being MIA. Now show please give Destiny some dignity and let her move on completely from Matthew. I don't know what she was thinking inviting him over for dinner. It wasn't clear to me if she was asking him on a date or as a way to spend time with Drew. Poor Jeffrey...

Nora walking in and walking back out was hilarious. I don't blame her.

Almost fell asleep during Tea/Bo scenes.

• Members

I love OLTL but finding last couple weeks a bit uneven/dull. It doesn't have the excitement AMC has for some reason or better storyline. I think maybe this is when the loss of Susan Horgan occured and the show is in transition. I hope Jessica/Marin have big plans for some exciting stories and maybe this is where they can slow the production down to really get these stories to gell well. Is it just me or is AMC delivering better in their stories then OLTL?

• Members

I agree. Not a lot seems to be happening on OLTL right now. As I said earlier, I don't think Snoop adds much to the story movement. Kind of bogs things down. But if the alternative is sex trafficking? I'm good. And David on AMC seems to be doing the same thing with different people every day. Making the rounds. I'm just not into it. And that may not be fair. I've been streaming it, but barely watching AMC.

• Members

I think this is what the EP was talking about in her recent interview. Plus, the fact that stories seemed isolated.. how many episodes did we have to watch the three 20 somethings in an apartment isolated from the rest of Llanview?

I think Jessica K was promoted due to her experience head-writing a prime-time soap/drama.. and Marin G because of her love of character moments/consistency and knowing the characters. Hopefully, they make just as good of head-writers as they do script writers.

• Members

True after the first eps, everyone seemed to be saying OLTL was the better show.

I don't think its the worst thing if one is a little bit more exciting than the other- that's how I kind of remember them being on ABC in the better times before Frons, before AMC became abysmal all the time. One was always a bit more exciting than the other in any given month because of a big story. I do think OLTL will pick up as we get into the summer & today was at least some enjoyable character stuff away from Shelter with some movement on Pellegrino & Matthew's story.

• Members

There are 3 real good stories going

Matt Not wanting to be a dad

The Pelagrino Fund

Who is Todd working for & why do they want Victor dead.

The problem is pace. It needs to speed up. Im hopefully Jessica and Marin will help this along.

Archived