OLTL: Tuesday June 4, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

That's part of the problem for me. I'm mainly watching OLTL to support PP in keeping these shows alive, but I hadn't regularly watched it in several years.

I watched one of those catch-up videos instead of going all the way back and Matthew's hesitance to be a dad isn't making sense to me yet. I get that he's a rich young man and I saw on the end of the network run that he was working for Clint (another reason I didn't watch much on ABC, Jerry VerDorn is just so miscast here!) so maybe he's learned to think only of himself over the years, but I need him to explain it to somebody. Watching him hold the kid today, he didn't seem unaffectionate with him. I just don't get it.

I do like the Pelagrino (sp?) Fund story so far; I just hope it leads somewhere other than Jeffrey coming to the rescue when Viki & Clint should be smarter than him!

As for Todd, I never cared for him and the ads I saw previously of Victor when he thought he was Todd sleeping with an amnesiac Marty made me hate him equally. I also couldn't stand Tea for wanting Todd back after he punched her in the face years ago. It's sad to see how weak and pathetic she's become. Then there's that symbol, which reminds me of Guiding Light's bizarre Infinity story from the late 1980s. Wherever this is going, imo, it can't get there soon enough with Todd & Victor killing each other in the end!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dorian holding up a purple boa and deadpanning that she can't "go Kelly" was one of my favorite moments in a long time. If Gazzaniga wrote that - and she had only been shadowing OLTL for maybe a year - I feel pretty decent about her.

• Members

I realise that a lot of the storylines in the end of the ABC run were re-written to accommodate PP...why couldn't Cartini have re-written Drew out as well?

With that said, I'm liking the storyline between Matthew/Destiny. It's all too common among many young mothers to have deadbeats as Baby Daddies.

• Members

Does Ron even know the morning after pill exists?

If Matthew terminates his rights, he's free. It would probably free destiny as well because that would end her hopes once and for all.

There's no question that Destiny's love for Matthew was a factor in her keeping the baby. If it had been Darren in Matthew's situation she would have gone through with the abortion. His mother wouldn't have been able to sway her. Matter of fact she never would have slept with Darren in the first place.

• Members

considering how young and inexperienced Destiny was, its certainly reasonable why that wouldn't have crossed her mind. If I recall correctly, I think she was surprised she was even pregnant. Again as a 16/17 year old who just had sex for the first time, she being clueless about a lot of things regarding her body is very plausible

Archived