GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Sabrina stopped reminding me of Samantha once everyone started tripping over themselves to proclaim how TOTALLY AWESOME SHE WAS. *doyouloveheryet?*

I loved Sam!

No, I didn't watch Night Trap. Was Suzy Cote in it? I'll have to see if I can find anything anywhere.

• Members

The thing is Sabrina was an adult nursing student, while GL's Sam Marler was in high school, so I can understand why Sam was immature and sheltered as she had never been on her own before. Sabrina was in her final year of nursing school, so she should have had more exposure than a teenager.

• Members

Night Trap was this ridiculous video game that came out in 1992 or 1993, where you controlled traps in a house, as young women were being amidst a family of vampire aliens, or something. Suzy Cote played the vampire/alien daughter. The main actress was Dana Plato. There was a huge controversy over the game because of violence (it really wasn't violent at all), with Congress looking for ways to get people to avoid their failures, as always.

Clips of the entire game are on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCPL3DJ72tM

That's true. It also tells you a lot about how far back we've gone in soaps.

• Members

Apparently there were threatening tweets meant "figuratively" that were deleted by the kid. You can even see the kid admitting to someone else he had said something "figuratively." There's obviously more to the story as Ron Carlivati gets a lot of hostile tweets and he doesn't talk about the cops to all of them.

As for Sabrina, Sabrina hasn't even been on much.

As for wanting "anything w/ Tracy," Tracy has been having story with Luke this week, so the three (really 2 -- Silas has not been on much either, as someone else pointed out) have not kept her offscreen. Also the Ava/Kiki story heavily involves Tracy, as well as AJ and Michael. It is a Quartermaine story.

I forgot to mention I liked Nikolas opening up to Aunt Alexis about his dilemma.

• Members

Robin leaving had nothing to do with Carlivati -- Kimberly McCullough decided to leave for her own reasons, to get into directing, before he started, and the first thing he had to write was her death. He actually asked her to allow him to rewrite it from the death requested by the actress, to have it so she could return if she changed her mind.

Soaps change ... AMC doesn't have Erica and Tad and people who don't watch it for that reason and people who complain about many of their faves not being asked back are being called bad fans so how is that different? Steve Burton chose to leave GH. Kimberly McCullough chose to leave GH.

• Members

Sure, but the point is the actors chose to leave. You used the words "get rid of" as if the show chose to got rid of Jason and Robin.

I, myself, could not "hang on" during the years of Mob Hospital ...I quit watching and just recently came back a little over two months ago. So I understand what your friend is saying, from the reverse point of view ... But in my case, I also feel that there were more conscious choices made to "get rid of" what I liked (especially the Quartermaines).

The current regime is bringing back many elements of my GH of the 90s, sprinkling in actors from other shows, adding fresh new elements, and keeping something for other tastes like mob/Sonny or Sam fans as well. It's set up now so that if one actor on the show chooses to leave, there will be other elements that I still like because the show has become an ensemble again. The show is no longer dependent on a couple actors so that it would be easy for a fan to feel "their show" was gone if that actor chose to leave. I don't see that there's much "force feeding" going on; airtime and story rotate among a variety of characters.

So I think the show will be fine.

• Members
This is an EXCELLENT point most people on boards either don't understand or just choose to ignore. If you don't read all the BTS stuff or heck even the magazines in line, all you see is your favorite character is gone. Or you see that a show has changed it's tone or pace. For a lot of people who's lives don't revolve around the soaps, that's enough for then to stop watching.

• Members

I simply brought up the characters and their storylines I enjoy seeing. I know she has been on quite a bit this past week, I just hope she isn't pushed to the background when AG goes on vacation and we begin to see more of Ava/KiKi/Franco. That is all I meant.

• Members

I'm the one who originally brought Sabrina up, because I was watching some old GL stuff and remembering how I thought Sabrina was a lot like Samantha Marler before Sobby became the most awesomestic nurse/friend/human being who ever awesomed.

Just because the twit thankfully hasn't been on, doesn't mean I like her any more.

What, we're not supposed to talk about all the months St. Sobby spent airhogging with her vapidness and her very own "Bizarro World evil bitch just to spoon-feed it to us that we NEED to be loving Sabrina, because Britt is a bitch* just because she hasn't been seen in a week?

Archived