GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Members

I don't think they are necessarily going to pair Michael and Kiki, but if they do, they are definitely not going to have Michael not be AJ's son. The show has invested too much in integrating Michael with the Quartermaines, ELQ, and AJ for that. AJ and Michael and their relationship is one of the things that is really working about GH for me, which I still love. It also helps that I did not see James Franco, or the OLTL 3 in their previous characters, but I have no issues with the show right now. I liked Luke/Tracy's and AJ/Monica's scenes this week as well -- yep yep that AJ would see the name Jason Morgan as a reminder of how he basically killed his brother and always say Jason's name was Jason Quartermaine. I was also glad Lulu was not raped, confirming my faith in the writing. What happened fits well with what Stavros told Luke and Laura.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

biology doesnt make someone family. Case in point, Michael with Sonny. Even if they make it so AJ isnt Michael's bio-dad, that doesnt mean that this will automatically erase everything done to bring Michael closer to the Q family in the last couple of years. The family still love him and would consider him family and considering how close he's gotten to AJ, I dont see Michael turning away from him. With Tony dead, and the Jones family pretty much non-existant, aside from Maxie, its not like Michael will have another family to turn to replace losing the Qs.

This whole scenario kind of reminds me of them making Skye, not a Quartermaine after spending a couple of years integrating her into the fold, just so she could hook up with her former cousin. it was merely a technicality so the show wouldnt be accused of going the incest route, but that twist did nothing to remove her from the Qs and she was continued to be written as such even to this day. I dont see why that should be any different from Michael if the same is done to him to get him with Kiki

• Members

That's a good point, Cheap21! And I can see how it might actually even turn out to be good story for Michael to still be treated as a Q and feel that tie even without being one biologically.

It would be so ironic after all this time if Michael was really Tony's though LOL. I still think a Jonathan/Tammy situation, or Michael not being paired with Kiki, or Franco not really being a Quartermaine, are more likely.

• Members

I agree. They won't cancel GH until they are fairly certain the have a workable replacement. As horrid as ratings have been in recent weeks, they are still better than The Chew and much better than Katie. Although GMA is going gangbusters, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a reformatted GAA in another year or so, it will probably replace Katie.

Meanwhile The Talk continues to achieve growth opposite GH. You know the ABC executives have to be scratching their heads and wondering why they can't make anything like that work.

• Members

I don't believe GH needs to worry about cancellation but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't whispers among management that RC isn't worth all this trouble, especially if the ratings keep sliding. The BS with PP, the lawsuit, his Twitter drama, etc...you can only get away with that stuff as long as it's profitable to keep you around. Once you cross a line, you just aren't worth it anymore and I feel like Ron is standing on that cliff. JMHO.

ETA: I talked to my offliner colleague yesterday. I asked her what she thought of GH these days. She told me that she quit watching when the OLTLers came on and when Jason left. She's a Jasam and Scrubs fan so she said there was nothing left for her to watch.

Me: "So you haven't seen Roger Howarth's return?"

Her: "No. What's he doing?"

"He's Franco."

*silence*

"You still there?"

*silence*

Her: "Are you [!@#$%^&*] kidding me?" laugh.png

• Members
They don't even need to do the incest thing. At least with Jonathan and Tammy they had a lot of chemistry going through all that with this bland ass couple would be pointless. Not to mention they'll both knos they are related soon. Tammy didn't know the truth when she began to be seduced by Jonathan .

• Members

The ratings aren't sliding. The ratings bounce around week to week but are up year to year.

But if someone stopped watching largely because one character, Jason, left, that says it all about why GH needed to be made into an ensemble show again, which Ron Carlivati has done

• Members

The episode charts don't lie. Airtime rotates. For every allegation that the show is about X, I can counter with the prominent story given to at least ten or fifteen other characters. The characters also interconnect, adding up to a greater whole.

There aren't that many stories revolving around Jason. There is just this Franco story revolving around him, and that's it. Jason has also been mentioned as being missed from time to time, although not enough to please Jason fans.

• Members

See. Thing about that is, she wasn't watching already. I'm not watching. I think GH beyond stupid. But the people who are watching still find something entertaining. I don't get it. some people do. I've about decided I don't want to know those people.

• Members

You can do or say whatever you want. The "rotation" has largely been the result of the 50th anniversary, and the legal wrangling over the OLTL3. Not some brilliant strategy Ron "contrived". Necessity is the mother of invention.

• Members

We can revisit this in six months' time after all this legal stuff is in the past and I'm pretty sure there will still be at least 10-15 characters with major story.

I've already seen the show being accused of supposedly being all about Sabrina, all about the relish, and all about Kate/Connie, which is already three separate stories that were happening with or without the legal wrangling. Two of those characters that the show was supposedly all about also seem to be on the backburner right now, and the Quartermaine story is shifting to another subject. Oh, and then there's all about Rafe/the teens.

I feel like when all is said and done, the show will be said to have been revolving around a majority of the characters on the show.

For the record, I think AJ, Michael, and Carly seem to be the most consistent through characters at getting the most story at this time, without hogging the show, with Luke, Dante (blegh), Sonny, and Lulu also up there. I expect the Quartermaines and Spencers to continue to be important, as they should be, and I also expect others to rotate in and out of their share of the limelight as the year continues.

Archived