PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right, I think they aknowledge this (in a roundabout way) in their press release.

FOr the online soaps they wanted to modernize them by cutting out things like the endless dialogue recaping that is still done in soaps because they assume most soap fans watch 2-3 times a week. You know characters talking about what happened yesterday or flashbacks. Because they figured online people would have the chance to watch every single episode so it wasn't needed. Now they realize that because of this fact (amongst many others) many people are watching every single episode, but slowly, or they're backlogged...

• Members

Getting out of the studio due to editing/post production past midnight is a long day for sure. I think that everything will be OK. Hey, they might use the forced vacation time to have the set designer/decorator and set builders give the Pine Valley folks a Police Department and other set changes with storyline changes, etc. Both shows coming out of the studio is a huge undertaking. The crews working around the clock.

• Members

I think PP fails to understand that people always have marathon watched shows especially in the hulu/netflix era. A lot of my friends marathon watch Revenge, OUAT, etc over a weekend span with little trouble, so PP's reasoning that the fans can't keep up is stupid.

They should just admit that they should have started out 3x a week at 30 minutes, and if viewership was consistent then expand to 4x a week. I remember reading shows such as Eastenders starting out at 2x then gradually increasing their weekly output once viewership grew.

However, to go from 4x to 2x makes viewers panic and assume that they shows are in trouble. With ABC/PP jerking the viewers around, they shouldn't be surprised at any negative reactions/panic coming from the fans.

I tweeted to one of the actors explaining this, and some a-hole told me that I was wrong to assume PP were jerking us around and said they saved the soaps.. then blocked me from replying back to state that it was a feeling I was feeling.

• Members

I've never got that, either. I make no claims to being a better soap fan than people who do, by any means, but really, I tend to either watch a whole episode, or I just don't watch that episode or stop following the show as heavily. SUre if a story or character I find boring is on I'll prob pick up the paper and read,and I've been known to spend long periods with shows (like Higley's OLTL) where I really could only say I half watched--always was doing homework or something else at the same time, but the whole FF thing for some reason confuses me--it just is something I can't identify with--FFing until suddenly I see the two characters on a show I like. I guess I tend to more or less either like a show, or not.

• Members

I guess maybe because we have already lost them once before, but if this fails I really won't be as upset as the first time. I have been binge viewing as I don't really feel like watching them until I have time to sit down and watch no interruptions. I really don't know why PP is surprised by this. But it is what it is at this point.

Archived