PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, the producer of House of Cards talked about how the medium lends itself to adaptation. Since the episodes can potentially live forever, and new viewers can pick it up at any time, he mentioned that if something didn't work in the original version, they could actually go in and reshoot it. Change it.

This is a process, and there will be many adaptations that will take place over the course of time. And that they're happening rapidly could be a good thing. Jeff and Rich have a finger on the pulse. Maybe just not my pulse. Right now, with the exception of FX Canada, they aren't airing on TV. Maybe one day the episode will be 45 minutes instead of 25. Not saying that will happen. But it could. And they don't have to worry about running into the next schedule program.

I'm with Vee on this one. Change always makes me nervous, and this was a daunting challenge from day one with no guarantees of success. I'm going to stick with it and adapt as needed. If it gets cancelled in two weeks, or 5 months or a year, or 10 years --- well I've already been through that once.

• Members

One of the guys commented that the binging is the problem. Is that the beauty of online viewing? You can watch when it's convenient.

Not sure what is required, but no matter when one watches, isn't that counted? Must it be weekdays that the shows are viewed?

• Members

I think it's mostly a cover for their production constraint. They've had to run an endless marathon to get stuff on-air, and cutting the airing schedule down (at least for now) makes it easier on the turnaround. The good news is that if it's that, then it's not about the money or the numbers (which are good).

• Members

If it means they can slow down production and editing then I'm glad. A lot of the continuity errors we've seen should never have made it to air (Lucy moves to Portland, Pete's evolving facial scratch, etc...) not to mention that a little more rehearsal time and the chance to do additional takes would be good for some of the newer actors.

I'm not even going to address the hysteria and grand pronouncements I've seen in this thread. Nobody's better at throwing a fit than soap fans. They can make Trekkers look downright stoic.

Archived