Days: Recasting a role?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is true it better be because Casey is leaving on his own terms and not being forced out. I assume it would be on his own terms though, since his contract is up soon. It's a shame TPTB have so underutilized Casey. It's hard to believe that Chad has been on the show 4 years b/c they show him so infrequently.

• Members

I dont think that was his point. I think he is more shocked that Chad lasted 4 years and quite frankly so am I. He may have been signed to a 4 year contract but its also the norm of the network soaps to get rid of characters/actors that dont work before said contract is up; they arent bound to keeping them for that enture duration. He should have never been made a Dimera, especially since they never really did anything with that. It just extended his time on the show which was never justified in the writing

• Members

tongue.png

IMO, I still think that Days dropped the ball by not putting Chad with Will and riding that wave. I would've loved to have seen Stefano's reaction, which I pictured being old school conservative European and against his son being gay, along with him falling in love with a Brady. Same with the Brady's. Still think that Will should've been met with bit more scrutiny seeing as both sides of his family are religious.

Otherwise, Chad became a dullard character that can go (as aforementioned). No need to recast. Like Casey Diederick but Chad can just die or go join his great "love" ph34r.png Melanie in Europe.

Archived