Days: Recasting a role?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Casey D. is quite charismatic and is capable of a lot more than what DAYS has given him -- I suspect he will go on to a healthy prime time career. (He's already on his way.)

DAYS has cast some really wonderful younger performers in the last five years or so and then squandered them with bad writing or non-existent storylines ... I think Shelly Hennig, Mark Hapka, Molly Burnett and Casey are all much better than the material they were given. Of course, that applies to most everyone on DAYS (and all TV soaps) these days.

• Members

Instead of recasting, Id rather he go out with a bang. I want him to finally say F U to Gabby and her threat and expose her secrets in a big public way for everyone to find out the truth about her. He does it for revenge as well as to give Will ammunition to fight Nick for custody. He then can use Stefano to ship him out of town to avoid charges based on him beating Nick up last summer.

• Members

Casey is a good actor when he tries. His playful verbal sparring with Abby has been good, but most of his material in previous years has been phoned in.

He was found by Marnie Saitta who has a good eye for younger talent, something she was good at on Y&R as well. Her track record at DAYS has been impressive in terms of younger stars going on to prime time like Taylor Spreitler on Melissa & Joey, Molly Burnett and her MTV movie and guest stints on true Blood etc. Shelley Hennig on Secret Circle (she was the only thing worth watching on that show imho) and guest stints on shows like Justified etc., I'm suprised Hapka never made more of an impact. Did she cast Blake Berris and Ashley Benson too? I don't think she did Ashley, not sure about Blake.

It's a massive step up from the early 2000s which just produced awful teen actors who went on to act badly on other soaps - Kristen Storms, Farah Fath, Jason Cook, Kyle Lowder etc.

Archived