Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

OK, I hope that this paternity story is going speed up because I'm over Nick looking at them damn papers or talking to Cassie as of late about Summer might not being his. I hope Sharon pursues this and does her own (secret) DNA test.

Avery bores the h*ll out of me. She reminds me of Droopy Dog. Watching her makes me lethargic.

Dylan should've seriously been paired with Sharon. I might actually care for him if he was. It was teased and then dropped so Sharon can go back to pining over Adam for the 1000th time.

Victoria's baby obsession is getting old. I wish someone would just drive a stake in her uterus and finish it off for good.

I blame Billy being a dullard b/c of who he's married too. Victoria is a vortex of suck with AH playing her. To this day, I feel that Victoria needs to be recast. Paging Sarah Brown or Gina Tognoni please!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thought of Kurt flirting with Nikki is strange considering he's had relationships with both Ashley and Hope(it a was horrifically boring triangle!!) and a bit surreal. Has any of his previous history on the show been mentioned?

The anniversary of Cassie's death is just another reminder what a ridiculous screw-up Cassie's death was! I'm sure that by now that Carmyn Grimes would be in full force with Cassie as the lead heroine on the show, unless MAB&Co. recasted Grimes with Bonnie Denison, Jodie Sweetin, or something.

• Members
Jill got bad story under Bell but nonetheless it was airtime. Now, she is pushed further onto the margin like Monica on GH.

I can't stand the current stories and am irked by both Avery getting so much airtime as well as Summer's brother loving. I also see Lauren's affair as out of character.

MAB sucked but JFP sucks even more. One look at the new Newman ranch demonstrates her poor taste and production skills. It looks worse than a Day's set.

PS...I liked the Chipmunk. It was a nod to the film Johnny Darko and was a quirky hot mess.

• Members

MAB left the old sets as they were, but that wasn't out of respect for history - it was out of sheer laziness. She couldn't be bothered to update the sets, just as she couldn't be bothered to update the opening credits in the entire time she was there. JFP is a hands on EP and while I disagree with some of the things she's done (not fighting to keep Michelle Stafford being at the top of that list), she's miles ahead of MAB.

• Members

Doesn't the home belong to all John's kids - Jack, Ashley, Traci and Billy? Even if Jack owns the house without his siblings, the very idea that he tried to find Traci another place to stay while in town was pretty weird. She's there to stay at her family home and be with her family.

• Members

I don't actively follow Y&R right now, so I can't tell you what the episode was--it had a lot of scenes of the men bickering while working out in the gym that looks like it's an old mansion (you can tell how much I watch :P ). But it did end with instead of a "Next on" Eric Braeden saying to watch tomorrow for a special tribute to his dear friend Jeanne Cooper--so I have no idea why we weren't a day ahead. (Braeden took about 5 minutes to say those two phrases, LOL, I guess it's not just when delivering lines that he makes dramatic pauses after every second word.)

Archived