Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah Paul throwing his police chief weight around is annoying. Lauren was willingly having an affair with Carmine. I get he's gotta be the badguy here while Lauren goes on back to Michael but Paul needs to go on somewhere too.

Thoughts on new Abby, she's okay. I need to see some fire from her and she needs something to do. I'm still not feeling the pairing of Abby/Alex though. As friends they'd be fine but I see no sparks between them. To make things worse, I see the Abby/Alex/Sheryl triangle is starting, Bad idea.

• Members

That's the only angle that makes any sense to me and if JG et al., have any sense, they will play those beats. Why else would Paul be so staunchly protective of a married woman but if there are some residual feelings deep down that are more than just platonic?

It would've also been a bit more realistic had there been a tinge of underlying tension between Paul and Michael (there should be with Christine and Michael as well) considering how they used to relate to one another. Fine, they've put it behind them, I get it.

Isn't it a tad unrealistic that all those feelings of enmity after having caught Michael trying to rape Christine would just vanish without a trace? That never sat well with me.

They could all have said they put it out of their minds and Michael is a reformed man, blah, blah, blah but this aspect of being bosom buddies just never passed the 'smell' test with me.

Paul and Lauren had a pretty significant romantic history seeing as they were once married, it wouldn't be such a stretch for Paul to wonder why Lauren reached out to Carmine and not, say him. Seriously. Someone on this board once said that Bill Bell Sr. did pyscho sexual drama very effectively-- this would be a prime example of adding that layer to this story and justifying Paul's existence in this triangle. And yes, Paul is with Christine but do we really ever see them together romantically?

• Members

LLB needs to decide whether she wants to be on this show for a bit or not, because Paul/DD torn between good girl Christine and some hot, bad babe (Paul cannot resist those bad girls!) would make for some good TV. He hasn't had anything much to do ever since he killed Ricky.

• Members

Okay Paul did tell Lauren a few epis back that he still loved her. But I'm not sure if we were supposed to assume it was a friendship love or something more. Cuz Paul is way too involved for it to just be friendship. I beleive Christine was also on that day cuz they were supposed to have a date but she bailed for work.

Archived