Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked the show better than i thought. It actually did show clips from all four decades. I too think that they could have done a good job with half the people they allowed on this tribute though. (They didn't need Billy, Chole, John Mccook, Heather Thom...) I really felt for Christian Leblanc. I know he and Jeanne used to go to a lot of funraisers and other things together. You could tell he could bearly get words out during the tribute. Eric Breaden also cracked a little which suprised me. I also had tears at the begining when her real children were on. I also liked that at the begining it showed a scene that must have taken place in one of her very first years (she cut her hair short pretty early in the 70's.)and it ended with her final clip. I hope when they kill off Katherine, there are more many more clips.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Christian LeBlanc seemed incredibly sad and I found his inability to get words out very moving. Eric Braeden cracking surprised me, a very humanizing moment.

This tribute was for Jeanne, but it belonged to Jess Walton who was utterly overcome. It is only fitting that she and Corbin Bernsen will present Jeanne's memoriam at the Emmys.

• Members

Does anybody know if Brenda Dickson commented on Jeanne's passing? I thought it would be fun if she came for Katherine's funeral and just sat in the background. Then maybe they could puyt the camera on her and show a montage of flashbacks of her and Jeanne's work together without her saying anything. Just a wink to the audience.

• Members

It's a shame that there is so much bad blood between BD and Y&R. I'd wager that BD is not allowed within a hundred yards of that studio. She worked so closely with Jeanne for years, I am sure she has some great stories to tell!

• Members

Amazing tribute! I hardly never get teary over TV, but I did watching this. It was perfect. I was glued to my screen to my screen during the whole time. Damn it was just great!

Amazing tribute! I hardly never get teary over TV, but I did watching this. It was perfect. I was glued to my screen to my screen during the whole time. Damn it was just great!

• Members

Wow, Y&R. Just wow. No matter what JFP does, this was just... incredible. So much respect for Jeanne Cooper on both sides of the boarder. sad.png

Such a humanizing moment on the show. Jeanne Cooper is such an incredible actress because she puts 100%. She is definitely the grand dame.

• Members

What an amazing way to say goodbye. From Jess' intro and ending, the memories, the lovely clips (and some extremely rare ones, too!).

It's still hard to say goodbye, but this was such a classy way to do so.

• Members

Wouldn't ount on it.

McCook and Cooper knew each other for 35+ years; as coworkers on the same AND the sister show. So it was really fitting. Also loved seeing Heather Tom back in the fold.

As the flashbacks were mentioned: was this one of Victor Newman's very first if not THE first scene??? That Lauren & Kay scene was divine as well as they didn't share any scene at all throughout the mid/late 80s, so I was really surprised by this.

This tribute was definitely done right and kudos for everyone involved.

• Members

I saw the episode and was so touched by all of it. Jess Walton broke my heart, about 30 secs in she was already choking up & I could barely take it. What a truly beautiful tribute!

B&B also did a quick montage tribute to Jeanne at the end of their episode today wub.png Way to go CBS.

Archived