Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

We already have EB. We don't need another actor who makes awkward pauses. Why the hell are these crossovers always one sided in recent years? They don't even benefit Y&R. If they need a photographer make Noah take up photography.

I swear Roxie has had more lines this week than she's ever had on the show. I guess she and Devon are sticking around.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it was a hasty retcon on top of a retcon on top of a retcon. I would rather Liz have returned and told her she was her daughter after all or something. There's no shame in being a Foster!

• Members

Maria and her cronies took care of Liz too. sad.png

Doesn't Jill have few nieces through her Foster family? Why doesn't the show try introducing them and have them live in the Chancellor mansion now that it's pretty much empty?

Though, that will require Jess Walton to commute and work more frequently.

• Members

LOL! I read about Tyler and Lily so I skimmed through today's episode. I caught those Sharon/Summer scenes. Notice I omitted the bored twosome who might as well as been invisible. Could MS look more disinterested? WTH! In addition to looking stunning, Sharon Case was great and carried those scenes. The actress who plays Summer is not good.

Back to Tyler and Lily. Hysterical how she comes in tipsy with her arm linked with Tyler and waves at everyone. Their faces were funny too.

• Members

Sharon does feel tacked on to this paternity story. I wonder if they knew that MS was gone or about to be when these scenes were filmed about six weeks ago. It would explain Sharon's disengagement from Adam and increased scenes with Nick. Unless Sharon and Nick reconnecting that helped them shove out Stafford.

Stafford's obvious boredom and barely controlled eye rolling was pretty funny. She is usually trying to out act and out sexy Sharon Case in their scenes, especially when JM is in them. Although she always fails because Case is a good actress. Plus, she is stunning and sexy without trying very hard, which Stafford is definitely not.

• Members

She has Snapper's daughter, Jennifer, who should be a grown woman now. She should be in mid to late twenties. I've always said that they should bring back the Foster/Brooks/Prentiss clan so Jill will have some family on the canvas along with reintroducing Y&R's first set of core families onto the canvas. Then they could have them all occupy the Chancellor mansion and breath new life into it.

Furthermore, has Josh & Jill dug into Y&R's past, they would've made Steve Burton's character either Brooks Prentiss or Chucky Roulland--characters that off bat the long time audience would've cared for because they would've had ties on the show.

I've also stated that they should bring Tucker back for awhile and have him court & marry Jill then bring in a new young buck to gain Tucker's attention (a la Phillip/Jill) and then redo the whole legendary triangle that put the show on the map by killing Tucker then having Jill and this younger woman feud over the mansion, etc.

What is being done to Jill is criminal.

• Members

Great idea! I could go for that, but they'd have to re-cast Tucker for it to be believable.

JG did his best but there was no heat between JW and SN. They even looked funny side by side as romantic partners because he's too small framed for her; she looked like she could pick him up. I remember the scene in OTB when Jill and Tucker had dinner with Lilly and Cane. It looked like someone cut the legs off Tucker’s chair; he just looked so tiny between tall broad shouldered Jill and tall Cane. Even as friends SN’s style of playing Tucker manner is to blah for her, he wants to suffer & brood (Heck I thought he was too blah for Ashley). Jill works best with a bolder self-confident man, or one who likes to have some fun. For the story to work the viewers would have to believe Jill really loved & wanted him and the Jill we know wouldn’t want SN’s type Tucker.

• Members

I was surprised by that. I have never gotten over how Y&R has wasted Tatyana Ali. She should have been put on contract and featured as a leading lady years ago. She is far more talented than most of the current actresses on Y&R, white and black.

• Members

Yeah I never understood casting some new dayplayers in that age group when they could shake things up with Roxane. I mean, can you imagine the sparks between Tyler and Roxane?!

• Members

+1

But joining to the jaw dropping line: Roxanne and Devon had DIALOGUE this week!? And scenes that were about THEM!? Was it alternate universe Y&R week?

That said, I'm not deeply invested in them but they are definitely not worse than the constant Dylon propping.

Archived