GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Members

:rolleyes:

You must be trolling now. Dante should lose his job for losing his temper and attacking the man that shot up his loft? On what planet does shooting up a cop's home give you any kind of sympathy or lenience? As a black man, myself, who's had my own harassment issues with cops, even I know better than to think I'd be treated kindly after shooting up a cop's home. Give me a goddamn break!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A Luke/Laura reunion at this point would feel to me like the couple who get back together because everyone says they're supposed to, not because they want to. Luke is alternately bored and repulsed by her, he whored around for years behind her back, with no regrets, and has stronger feelings for two other women (Tracy and Anna). And Laura - she needs to be on her own. I just don't care about her love life, and she doesn't need a man. She should be written as the heart of the community, planning charity events, fundraisers, protest meetings, hospital work, what have you.

• Members

That's a great idea for what Laura could be doing, Carl. I can see that. You're right that Labine had her doing stuff like this in the mid-90s working with the Wards. If done right, it doesn't have to be boring.

R Sinclair, first of all sorry to hear about the harassment you've experienced. I respect that you're speaking from direct experience. What Dante did may be something "expected" in our violent world, but it was still illegal and police brutality. The guy wasn't even arrested yet. We know he wasn't innocent, but what if he was? Dante didn't have the right to do what I did, especially not as a police officer who is supposed to uphold the law. Where do you draw the line? Torture? Summary execution?

Thanks, rhinohide, appreciate it. Yep, I'm just adding my voice to the pot! I wish I did, but I'm under no delusion that my opinions reflect much more than my own particular personal views.

Also, I'm still trying to stay open to having my opinions changed as I see more of the show and as people make their points here.

• Members

I think one of the problems of soaps in recent years has been having a lot of macho violence moments with cops, to try to stand in the place of drama. I would just write it off, it's mostly posturing, and relatively tame compared to some of this type of writing (I think at one time Bo Buchanan beat RJ black and blue and no one seemed to stop and think of the horrible implications of what they were showing).

• Members

In my opinion, if we're truly looking to recapture what made daytime great, Genie is worth far more than Tony Geary is.

Whatever one might think of Genie as an actor, her character has what it takes to be a true rock, a touchstone, on this show. Geary, with his constant cheerleading of the disgusting stories Showkiller Guza came up with for Luke, is now as much of a caricature as his loathsome, tired character is, IMO.

• Members

I don't want to see a rushed L&L reunion but outside of Lulu I don't see anyone pushing them together. Anna just spoke the truth Laura is always going to be the love of Luke's life.

As for Luke and Tracy, he's been fleecing her for years and treats her most days with a callous disdain.Being paired with soulless Tracy, is partly the reason Luke lost so much popularity. She's his worst enabler for the boozing and louse behavior.

As for Anna, Luke was obsessed with her for all of five minutes it seems. Now it's Anna who? I'm sorry those supposed strong feelings just didn't last.

Anyhoo, I'm sadly with whomever said Laura will stick with Scotty. Take heart, Laura haters, she'll likely be written off with him or relegated to background noise like Felicia who also picked a dull bore over the love of her life. Anna is stuck with dull bore Duke, too, as her only airtime comes from the Robin story or police work. RC doesn't want to write any epic romances for these women so he shoves them off screen into boring pairings.

• Members

@Teameric,

At first, I was just kind of kidding, but now, I'd like Luke and Anna re-visited. I like the way they were reconnecting at the helicopter until Laura showed up. Not sure why anyone wants to hold onto LL when it's clear there is nothing left in regards to story or chemistry. It's time for Luke to take on his role as patriarch and Anna to remember she's a grandmother, and not just when it's convenient. Perhaps Laura would best fit as a productive single woman, I don't care. I just wish LL was finally laid to rest - they are so very far from being the cure that saved GH like they once were.

Tracy and Luke should never happen again! EVER!

Archived