GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Members

It's not clear to me. I thought TG and GF's first scene on the Haunted Star made clear how much chemistry they still had together. Just one look and word, Laura, and TG looked awake for the first time in a long time. Tony's eyes only ever soften like that for GF and JJ.

Personally I think there's a huge potential story in slowly rebuilding L&L. I felt the same about Frisco & Felicia. But RC is plain lazy and just never invested in doing the hard work to repair relationships. He tosses them back together off-screen ala Mac & Felicia's reunion last year or skipping most of Duke & Anna rebuilding. Notice there's no heart to heart talks about Duke's suffering those 20 years or work done to bridge their differences, its a tango and kiss and they're back together. It's such shallow, empty, rushed writing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're not back together just because of the tango. They're still evaluating. The next day we saw Duke talk to AJ and Anna talk to Mac and Felicia about still not being sure where they are.

About Laura, I actually think she has more story with Scotty. With Luke she would always just be "Laura of Luke and Laura," while with Scotty, she can have other stories that don't have anything to do with being part of a supercouple.

Ron Carlivati told TV Guide in an interview posted online Friday, April 12, that the characters of Scotty and Laura are back for good right now -- not short-term. (He did not give away any resolution to the triangle though.) These are also not the only characters he said are staying, and there are also other characters he said are leaving but would come back, but that is getting into spoiler territory,

All the people who think they know what Carlivati is going to do differ, so clearly he's not as predictable as y'all say -- Vee thinks Carlivati will ultimately put Frisco/Felicia and Luke/Laura together, maybe not now but eventually, because Carlivati just puts historical supercouples together, while TeamEric thinks the opposite and thinks Carlivati puts "boring" couples together lazily. Both of you agree on the so-called lazy or rushed nature of some of the reconciliations.

• Members

I haven't seen any investment in this Duke & Anna reunion.

Mac & Felicia haven't taped in a month I don't think. RC shoved them back in the backburner. I'm sure he'll trot them out when he needs their wedding for some stunt.

I read RC's interview and he said Laura & Scotty are not leaving any time soon. That's different than putting GF on contract like FH.

Actually I agree with Vee, F&F and L&L will be endgame. They'll get the same rushed slapped together reunions RC did for OLTL couples when that show gets cancelled. B&N was the sole exception as he wrote them a 2 year long slow reunion story.

• Members

Okay, thanks for clarifying what you think he'll do. I guess we'll see what happens!

Mac was already in a scene with Maxie televised on Thursday or Friday, and I think GH only tapes 3 weeks in advance or so, so he and Felicia could be back sooner than you think. Mac and Felicia were also both on the day after the Nurses Ball so they were both not just dropped after the Nurses Ball.

Yeah, RC didn't say Genie Francis was back on contract. But she's not "short-term" either like FrenchFan thought. Her stay is indefinite. There was specific language he used for each of the characters he was addressing where if there was already a possible end planned to her story after a certain arc, he would have said so, as for another character he said they would be back "at least" through the conclusion of their arc, implying they might leave or might stay after that. With Laura and Scotty (and not just them), what he said was more long-term, saying they would still be around even after resolution of the triangle, which itself is still to play out fully.

I'm sorry, who are B&N again? I don't recognize the abbreviations a lot of times. (Edit: Figured out you probably meant Bo and Nora.)

In terms of couples exploring their issues, I think Spinelli and Ellie have had solid conversations about a real issue between them, whether or not to have a baby. Yes, it is tied in plot-wise to the Maxie not really being a surrogate story, but I also think the impact of their views on babies on their relationship has been genuinely explored and not easily tied up to where it just splits them up or where they just drop it. They also make progress like saying they may be able to table it for now and respect each other's views, they don't want it come between them just yet, even if they know they'll have to address it down the line. It has been re-raised at appropriate times like when Spinelli comments on other people's baby.

• Members

How much Carlivati writing have you seen? A month of GH and no OLTL? I think most of the predictions of what he tends to do are right--and are at least based on what people have seen watchging 5+ years of his stuff. I think he's vastly overated, but I do think he has some good qualities (and at least his show's tend to be very watchable on a day by day basis which is more than I can say for GH for much of the past decade, or for OLTL under Higley.) But please--c'mon don't act like you have some insight into how he writes. He also is notorious for giving good interviews with info that is not delivered on the screen.

• Members

RC all but said Laura was going to toss Scotty to the curb soon enough when they get home to PC. I believe both Tony and Genie have extended their commitments, and RC confirmed Genie did - so I think they're going to play a L&L reunion track until at least November, though IMO it should take longer and give Laura a real alternative. I'd love to see a suave, British WSB agent played by someone like Lennie James, who will never, ever do this show (then again, I said the same thing of Frankie Faison and Tonye Patano on OLTL).

• Members

I took it differently. I don't think he was trying to wean anyone off Luke and Laura. I think he was just keeping his cards close to the vest and trying to misdirect, and possibly trying to honor GF and TG's frankly schizoid attitudes towards L&L in the press. No force on Earth will stop him from reuniting those two onscreen.

Archived