GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Members

He knew early on that Stavros thought Lulu was Laura and Stavros is obsessed with Laura. A small difference, but significant. He may have thought once he explained who Lulu was, it might not be as big of a deal. Helena had also explained that this was what she had allowed Stavros to think so that he would regain his life, as nothing else worked. I don't think Nikolas would have defintely not wanted Stavros to recover, as evil as Stavros is.

I do agree this isn't necessarily "in character" and was kind of for plot purposes, but I don't find it "out of character" either. Nikolas is torn between the Cassadines and the people he cares about in PC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think going back to the Nikolas/Elizabeth beat is a mistake. I could understand doing it a year ago, but not now. What's the point? It was such a lousy story and Lucky and Jason are/were far more profound forces in her life for A.J. to overcome. It seems like, re: Elizabeth at least, Nikolas is just there in lieu of Lucky.

Everything about Stavros being undead and roaming the Earth is a big deal!

• Members

tumblr_mapcwwZo1z1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Stavris is a RAPIST that was obsessed with his mother and raped her. He is also a killer who murdered people last time Nik saw him, including his wife's cousin and Stavros tried to kill his brother. Stavros is DANGEROUS. Stop trying to rationalize stupidity. Nikolas should have said something, like warn his mother and her family.

• Members

The thing about RKK is, he always was very talented - sexy and dangerous, intense, still today. I loved him as Bo on DAYS as a kid and he is still extremely magnetic. But this role is perfect for him in that Stavros (particularly now, with the gray beard) is this sort of embalmed, perverse, demonic and syphillitic lothario/sinister brutish rapist, which, both fortunately and unfortunately, is very similar to the same predatory image RKK evokes given the alleged stories IRL. In my case, at least, I believe him playing it even more than I would his excellent performance, the decent script or the menacing character normally, because I have been led to believe over the years that he is a certain kind of man. It's metatextual.

I was glad they left the door open for Helena. That last scene on the Haunted Star was no way for her to go.

• Members

Agreed. I never thought it would be RKK who gives a shot in the arm to GH, but he has. For all the right -- and wrong -- reasons.

Seriously, if GH is just a small stint, I wouldn't be against having him back on Days as Bo.

Yesterday's episode was the most watchable GH has been in a while (although I liked most of the Nurse's Ball stuff). That Brenda/Carly fight was amazing. I wish VM was stayoing on a longer-term contract. I love this Brenda.

• Members

Oh I hate this Brenda and found the fight to be a major disappointment. All they did was tug at each other and were broken up rather quickly. This Brenda has no heart and just seems to be an angry antagonizing flip flopping bitch for no reason. She's Carly 5 years ago!

Archived