Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Hmm, maybe it's because I really like Chelsea, but I haven't felt that way. I don't like Avery much anymore so I agree it feels as if she's always on.

I have alway loved Phyllis, so yes I'm sad she isn't on as much anymore but I do think the storyline she's in now really works and it's a good break because even as a Phyllis fan, I can admit she needed a little rest.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no, I'm not complaining about Phyllis being only supporting these days, it's the best thing to happen to her in years. The show was at its worst when she was repeatedly shoved into what felt like every f.ucking storyline.

I still don't understand why Chelsea is on this show and why they insist on keeping her. I see no purpose or value in that character. I feel as if Avery and Chelsea have easily become the two new pet characters of this regime, and I can't say that endears me to either character.

• Members

I like Chelsea or I did up to last week when I stopped watching. She is definitely a JG/JFP favorite who gets too much airtime. Of course, because she is a fave she gets the honor of helping pimp the new male bland favorite Dylan. I think JC is far less talented than MCE and gets way too much airtime as well. However, that is how it goes with every new regime.

• Members

JC looks a lot more like Eileen Davidson lately. I know it's not intentional, but I see it anyway.

I hate that SOD keeps having those covers that remind me of the last ten sucktastic years of Soap Opera Weekly.

I have never seen MCE have chemistry with any other actors on Y&R. I think some people are lucky in one role and then strike out.

• Members

Yeah, I loved MCE on All My Children.. but she just doesn't fit on Young and the Restless. Sometimes, certain actors that fit on one show do not fit on others. Case in point, when Vincent I. was on Y & R, he just didn't fit on the show.. but fit in perfectly on both GL and AMC. Genie Francis bombed on Y & R... but did very well on GH and DAYS.

Sometimes the reason is the character, other times it is the fact that an actor doesn't fit on the show.

With that said, I do agree that JC and MCE have become the newest pets with MS and SC becoming some-what more supporting. While I like that MS and SC have become more supporting, that doesn't mean that anyone else should become a pet. What I had hoped the new regime would do was make the show more of an ensemble.

• Members

I never did get the MCE love on AMC so I find the opinion that she does not "fit" on Y&R perplexing. I thought she was nothing special on AMC and that Annie was completely overrated. In contrast, I think that she totally works as Chelsea. MCE does some subtle work with a character that could be trite and less than interesting.

While I am not the biggest fans of writers' pets, especially when I don't like them, they are far from Y&R's biggest problem. Y&R's biggest problem is the lack of interesting stories and couples.

• Members

For me whether you fit or not is based on your connection with co-stars. Y&R has had quite a few actors in recent years who have anti-chemistry with everyone. To me MCE is one of those. Somehow, every single person from AMC who was brought to Y&R in the last five years feels that way to me. No chemistry, no purpose, no life.

• Members

See I loved MCE as Annie but I also love her on Y&R. I definitely disagree that she doesn't have chemistry. I thought there was chemistry between her and MM, and I think there's quite a bit of chemistry between her and DG.

I also think she works really well with Elizabeth Hendrickson and Chelsea is the only person I find Chloe tolerable around.

Archived