Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon used to be one of my favorite Daytime characters but she was destroyed when she began lusting after Adam, destroyed beyond repair. Case got on my nerves when she and Muhney got fans involved with their Twitter war against EB! That behind the scenes chit is supposed to be left behind the scenes!

• Members

The sad thing is that Nick is no Victor and Sharon really can't pass for Nikki's type. If anything, Adam is his father's son and, had MAB not made such a mess of the character, Sharon and Adam would be the Nikki/Victor tornado of a super couple. At one point, I did view Snick as Lilly/Holden but Nick is too dumb caveman now.

I love the manner in which JG has reformed and focused Adam in so far as his connections to Victor and, also, Jack. It's almost like Jack has become his 'father' figure and its a great move.

• Members

Where did I explicitly quote her? I am paraphrasing recent interviews she's given (SOD and the live Twitter chat she and Peter Bergman had a few weeks back in regards to her thoughts on Phack and Phick).

The MS being upset thing was partly a joke, but she's made no bones about thinking it's best Phyllis stay away from Nick for the foreseeable future Her exact quote in SOD was, "if the show stays on long enough or I stay on the show long enough, there could be another incarnation, but, now I just don't think they have anything to say to each other, to be honest with you, except if it's about their kid." In the video chat where she was live Tweeting with Bergman, she also said something to the effect about Phyllis always trying to change herself to be with Nick, which she made it sound like she was fed up playing.

• Members

As bizarre as the Jack/Adam relationship is, considering what he did to Ashley, it does work, at minimum it makes MM bearable. However, Adam has not interacted with Jack for the longest while, mostly because he and Sharon have been wedged to each other. Both Adam and Sharon would be better served by some putting lots of space between them. I don't know where MAB and now JFP/JG gets the idea that Adam and Sharon are this hot popular couple that must be together.

• Members
Agreed. A few years ago I wanted her gone but now I actually see how valuable and integral she is.

Disagreed. Morrow might not be as good of an actor as Case but Nick (unlike Sharon) is a legacy character (and of course, Morrow has the hotness factor going for him :P).

• Members

Oh my goodness, MIchelle needs to get over herself. I personally preferred Nick and Sharon as a couple. Of course, they had their problems, but they genuinely fit each other. Never could get into Nick and Phyllis, because they primarily seemed to be about sex. Now, If JM really feels that Nick and Sharon belong together, he shouldn't go back on his words just because an insecure actress(who's character has had more love interests than she can count) can't take it.

• Members

There was nothing tweeted from MS or JM to indicate MS' hurt feelings was a joke. The next day or the next couple of days she finally tweeted that she was OK.

I don't believe for one second that Phyllis and Kyle will have a relationship other than him being Jack's son, Summer's crush, and Phyllis co-worker.

I thought it was interesting how Nick reacted to Summer bringing Kyle to the ranch and how Phyllis seems OK with the crush. And then I remembered about the letter revealing Summer's paternity. Nick is the only person who read it. If Summer is Jack's, that would open up a big can of worms for all concerned. I don't see Nick having lied about it, but who knows?

• Members

I'm confused how anyone doesn't understand why Nick will ALWAYS be up in Sharon's face about Adam. He kidnapped their child and was responsible for one of their siblings dying(Ashley's miscarriage)...Why would he ever want the mother of his children around him? It's not even like these things happened decades ago..

• Members

They very rarely reference any of Adam's crimes and only use them in scenes or story when it's convenient. The show often writes it in a way where Adam is the victim.

The scenes where Nick mentioned the kidnapping and switch recently were probably the first time in a long they they mentioned that story in a good while. Day to day, the animosity they write between Adam and the Newman's (Nick, Victoria, and Victor) relies heavily on Adam being lying creep who wouldn't help them regain control of Newman or one always willing to screw them over to suit his agenda.

The show just glosses over whatever specific crimes he's committed. A good case an point being Ashley's gasligthing and subsequent miscarriage - why does Jack want to be around Adam and at least partially trust him after that? Not to mention the forged diary fiasco before that. Jack and Adam have no reason to be as civil as they are to one another, but it's done to suit the plot, as is everything about the Adam character.

• Members

I agree!

And, forgive me for plagiarizing... :)

I'm confused how TPTB don't understand why many fans will ALWAYS be offended about Adam until they address all that he's done and redeem him. Why would we ever want anyone we care about around him? Why would we CARE about HIM? TPTB have made him non root-worthy. It's not like any of it happened decades ago!

• Members

They won't address anything specific about Adam - the character sums up everything that was wrong and damaging about MAB's reign.

They tried to take the character as far as possible with his grotesque actions, but had no story plan or actual character development or reasoning to back any of it up. Now they're stuck in a bind where they have to ignore everything the character's done (for the most part) in order to try to make him somewhat viable, which never works.

• Members

Jack's need to one-up Victor blinds him re: Adam and Ashley. But it still doesn't make sense for a soap like Y&R. Ashley and NIck seem to be the only people who regard him the way he should be regarded. A clear line between right and wrong has always been part of a good soap when it comes to things like Adam has done.

Speaking of Jack teaming up with Adam: When I saw PB's intro to Y&R Monday and heard him say "23 (?) years of always losing out to Victor", I thought, "He isn't currently in the losing position."

As much as I want Jack to best Victor, I would rather he didn't if it in any way involves giving Adam a free pass.

I wonder if Ashley will have anything to say about it when she returns.

• Members

See, I don't think that it makes a difference if they do address Adam's wrong doings or try to redeem him. I think that for some people in the audience there are simply some actions that are unforgivable, no matter if the writers try to redeem the characters or not and Adam is one of those characters. For example, I have never moved past Michael trying to rape Christine or Phyllis running over Paul and Chris, or Kevin's statutory rape of Lily and attempted murder of Colleen. For me, if these characters have to stay on the canvas, they should always be pariahs for most of the town. I cannot accept the friendships that they have with the most inappropriate people. So either as a viewer, you can get past these actions and like the character or not because this is what TPTB want and it is not just MAB.

Archived