Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Well, I know that Sony/CBS see the story outlines months in advance so they don't have to wait until the stories that they don't like play out on the screen to stop them. They knew which characters were going to Paris months ahead when they approved the budget. There was absolutely no reason for them to wait until last minute to make any kinds of story or character changes to that story. Also, it is hard to believe that they would spend the money to add another character to the trip.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But he does always check in on her life in some way or another - ever since they've divorced, there's hardly been a gap between them not having a connection/relationship of some kind. MAB's last year might be the only real exception, and even then Nick seemed hurt and disappointed by Sharon's decisions constantly, otherwise Nick is always up in Sharon's business.

Even before she told him about working at NE, he didn't want her to work just yet. I really don't think that was any of his concern as she had her bipolar disorder in check by then and Faith and Noah were not in any danger.

Your anti-Shick philosophy could fit right in there as well.

I'm not saying Nick and Sharon will get together tomorrow, but I also don't think they've ever entirely cut one another off and lost a connection. It's always being written that their lives intersect past their children and even recently, that's still the case.

• Members

But they did wai and have often waited for the story to play out and change irt at the last minute even though they knew way in advance wehat the story was going to be.

t, Like I stated, I know what I know.

• Members

anti-Shick philosophy could fit right in there as well.

So is it "always' or "recvent"? I already explained to you how it aint always and why it is recent, and deflecting to Phyllis doesnt change it, but as I stated before, hope sprtings eternal for your Shick dreams to come true LOL!

• Members

It's both, as I explained, even in MAB's last year - Nick was more hurt and disappointed in Sharon's actions that totally not acknowledging her existence.

I have no Shick dreams (but if the alternative is Nick and Phyllis, then yes, give me Shick), but I do recall you going on about a showdown between Nick and Phyllis that would change everything about their relationship a few months back, which didn't quite work out the way you imagined, I take it. LOL

Point is regarding Nick's relationships with women in the present - they seem intent on pushing Nick with Avery, Nick still butts into Sharon's business, and he and Phyllis no longer have any type of relationship.

• Members

Well it camt \be both unles you are a Shcik LOL. For almost the last two years of MAB;s reign, Nick had nothing but disdain for Sharon. mp s[oms pm yjay :P:/ It wasnt until Noah pointed out how bad Nick was treating her and when he learned she was bi polar that he soften towards her. I dint sense any strange concern on his opart that he was concerned about her going back to work so soon gicing all she went throug, especially when he later learned it was at NE, he was sgowing concerned as a friend . They will always play that beat of him with adam, in 2008, 2009, Nick def was strangely concerned with Sharon and her business, not so much now, ubless it invovles Adam LOL. Mot sure what Phyllis has to dfo weith it, but in the past when they werent together he has butted in her business and tried to tell her what to do, and she always checked his arse amd I am not gomma list the examples way too many. Phyllis is living her life and they are co parenting, she aint messing with his bro or his GF's Ec, but if she was doin some thing he didnt like, I have no doubt he would butt in as he has in the past LOL! Typical Shick bersuses Phick comparison crap, tit for ta when always trying to pimp Shick, and of course you jabe no Shick dreams LOL!

This has been fun, but I actually watched the show baxcj then and right now, so I am one leg up on you and thats not fair, so we will agree to disagree and I am off to read your posts on somy asnd SOC!

• Members

It's more about taking the lesser of two evils for me.

Noah had more disdain for Sharon until recently than Nick did. Nick was always concerned about Sharon's well-being, being pissed off about her actions doesn't negate from that - you don't get disappointed in another person's actions if you do not care about that person.

Is it about Adam, or that Sharon is involved with Adam in some way? Did Nick care about Chelsea's relationship with Adam or previously with Heather and Syke? No. He cares because it's Sharon and has told her multiple times he doesn't want to see her get hurt or used by Adam again - her emotional tendencies and love life are still none of his business and even Noah has accepted that Adam recently helped Sharon through her bipolar disorder and chaos and has some place in her life, but Nick still wants a say on who she can and can't date.

Likewise, given all the agenda and selective reasoning that I am seeing! You always seem to have a problem when someone brings Shick up or the possibility of them reuniting, which reeks of a bad fanbase bias.

• Members

Caught up with Victor singing--LMAO. Painful, just as I thought. Otherwise, it was a sweet scene.

I'm glad they finally deigned to have a follow up to the Jack/Phyllis cliffhanger.

Dylan and Chelsea? Oh, dear, are they going for some kind of Dylan/Sharon/Adam/Chelsea thing?

I'm also enjoying the stuff with Leslie and Avery. Such a treat to see Kristoff shirtless :lol:

Nick/Sharon should always be written as the endgame couple. Even when they are apart, there should be a sense of love between them. Morrow is not playing that at all (I suspect because of his ridiculous desire not to want the Sharon/Nick couple for whatever reason) but that's what it should be.

• Members

I wish we knew! All I know is that he's made it very clear he prefers Nick/Phyllis, which is a shame, because that couple ate up the show and is one of the worst things that ever happened to Y&R. A kind of Gary/Val deal would be great for Sharon and Nick. Always in each other's orbit and you can feel the love but they never say it or do anything about it (mostly). Alas, I don't think Morrow realizes the power such a dynamic could have on a soap opera (or any show for that matter).

• Members

MS must still be hurt, because she's now back to pimping Phack and saying that Phyllis can be herself with Jack, and with Nick she's always trying to be someone she's not. She even said she doesn't see Nick and Phyllis getting back together, at least not for the foreseeable future.

Josh Griffith and JFP appear to be huge Phack shippers too.

Archived