Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just watched PB's intro. Beautifully done. Classic clips. Jack and Nikki, one of my favorite of the few Y&R couples. I remember the chair through the window scene and the suspense when Jack left Victor lying in his office like it was yesterday. I just knew that Jack would come back and get help for Victor when Victor would never do that for him. Because he is my Jack! PB captured Jack's love for his father and family perfectly (too bad Colleen is not alive to be mentioned). Although I think that he is wrong and that Jack does measure up to his father. He right about Phyllis too. Jack needs to stay far away from her.

• Members

On this we agree. John was a kind man and most of all he adored Jack. He believed that his son was a good man. John never judged him or treated him harshly like orange ghost John does even when Jack messed up. I always remember when Jack lost Jabot because he took it public and Victor bought it out from under him. Jack was devastated and beating himself up. John stood by him and never said a harsh word.

• Members

I don't understand the purpose of Ghost John Abbott. I was under the impression this show was never big on soap "ghosts" prior to that. Then I tuned in one day and was like, what the !@#$%^&*]? And what does he do but keep coming back to harangue Jack? If you want to use him so much, bring him back from the dead or don't make the mistake of killing him. "Ghost John" still being a semi-regular cast member is ridiculous.

• Members

What really irks me is that in reality, Billy was the son that John was constantly judging and disappointed in when he was alive. Billy was the one who partied got drunk and almost died from alcohol poisoning, then he decided to delay college and marry Mac very much against John's wishes. Goes to show how every headwriter ignores the show's history in favor of telling their own version of events.

Archived