Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Kyle is not pivital. He could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't change anything. However if Jack left tomorrow it would have a huge impact. That's why writers try to shoehorn newbies on soaps by making them long lost children. Just being so and so son doesn't make him important. What has he actually done to make an impact?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kyle as played by Hood would not be missed by anyone if he left but that doesn't mean that Kyle, as a character, is not pivotal and an extremely important next generation asset. He's also not a long lost kid of anyone--his very conception, existence and presence have been pivotal (in good and bad ways) since 1999/2000. Also, impact doesn't equal pivotal or not. Adam was important, as well, but has been ruined.

• Members

Yep, she's definitely been verbally abused by this man for decades; and she's back all up his cha-cha all giddy wit it to be Mrs. Victor Newman yet again. To me Niki is a very sad character and I cringe when she's with Victor away from him she's adorable but they make my stomach curdle.

• Members

The story moved beyond most of the Abbotts years ago, and this will be very difficult to rectify, because most of the family is dead, or crippled by decades of victim stories (Ashley) or by a weak and embarrassing character makeup (Jack for the last decade or more). As much as Blake Hood sucks as Kyle, I'm not sure if the acting even matters with a character whose family seems to be at such a dead end.

The show desperately needs new core families, as the Abbotts are mostly gone and the Newmans are almost all unwatchable and deadly dull for me. I guess that's never going to happen.

• Members

She is sad. And with the illness business, it's even more cringe-worthy. I just can't stand the scenes where Victor is being all solicitous of Nikki. It makes my skin crawl! Because I imagine him running off to the desert to be with Ramona, maybe, or some other beautiful younger woman. If this is supposed to be who Victor is, he is a phony.

• Members

Wow so all the actors were there...then why do they all look like wax figures in the finished product? They must have pulled cast members from different shots because there is no explanation for how stiff that cast shot came out.

Archived