Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

I actually like Blake Hood as Kyle. He's not the world's greatest actor but I feel he's the right actor for the type of character Griffith is writing him to be. He has presence. In addition, the casting is spot-on looks wise. He could easily pass for a Peter Bergman/Susan Walters offspring.

It's not like he's the first substandard actor Y&R has hired for a lead role. Joshua Morrow was HORRIBLE when he first started and he's not a whole lot better now but can you imagine ANYONE else playing Nick at this point?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait a minute, you are the same person ripping the chick who plays Caroline on B&B to pieces because she cannot act. I cannot wait to see how you explain your tolerance Kyle and not Caroline when both actors are horrific. LOL!

• Members

He has the looks but no presence and that voice is terrible. He made that fantasy sequence so unsexy. And I don't buy him as a college grad who interned on Wall Street. Like Lily, Sharon and Billy he's so unbelievable as a businessman except his character actually went to school for it.

• Members

I like Darnell Williams and I thought the brief scenes he's done with Mason and Jack recently were good. I don't see him criss-crossing the country for a recurring role with no strong storyline (which he's never had on Y&R).

AMC is launching this new venture and as an award winning vet who was one of their most popular characters, I think he will probably be put to work in getting this show off the ground. I don't even see him having much time right now to fly back to the West Coast for such a small role. If he had a more substantial role on Y&R (which he never had), there would be a reason but as of now, I just don't see it being worth his while to jet over to Y&R.

• Members

I don't need you to tell me what he has done, thank you, or to condescendingly explain to me that the way he portrays a character is part of his character. I find him horrible in this part and I don't need to see him again.

That's a good point about Nick but he was also around for many years when there were excellent writers behind the show, producers that could help him grow and learn and a main acting partner (Sharon Case) that elevated the hell out of him. Not that there was that much she could do, but it sure helped.

Hood's looks are the only redeeming quality! lol

• Members

AMC has a very flexible filming schedule. After this week, the cast if off for at least five weeks.. then filming for five weeks. Both AMC and OLTL are alternating filming since they will be filming out of the same studio. So it is feasible for Darnall to continue as Sarge, if his schedule permits. T

• Members

Giving Nikki and Kay illnesses, while realistic, SUCK! and is a way to push them off the canvus. I don't trust JFP or SONY, since they were inspired by HH. JG is an okay writer but his work bores me much like Jack Smiths. I feel like Y&R has become a PSA for MS, drug addiction, bullying, and Alzheimer's all in less than 6 months. Y&R has never been a 'topical' soap, like AMC, and they have covered too much in too short a time frame. I'm actually glad HS stuck around. While at ATWT, he developed a lot of friendships between characters and this is becoming more of a feature on Y&R. Also, JG can't write dark and Y&R needs those sorts of stories from time to time.

I have not been watching daily. What is up with Jill right now?

• Members

It would be nice if Y&R and AMC could coordinate something feasible so that Darnell could do even sporadic appearances on Y&R but I won't count on that and and I wonder whether the role of Sarge would truly be worth travelling from one coast to the other.

Once the AMC reboot launches I also wonder about whether he may have to do possible press and appearances in order to promote the show.

It would probably take some cooperative scheduling in order to make it happen. Also, more importantly, Darnell would have to want to do it.

• Members

I am proud of Darnell Williams accomplishments and I will support him and brag about his award winning career. The term condescendingly is a very weak word to use in the sentence. He is NOT horrible in this part and if I, and many others too would love to see him again in his role as Sarge/Augie on Y&R, I will make sure to DVR the episodes and watch when I come in from work in the evening like I did yesterday. He is so great.

• Members

I am not fond of NuKyle either. His voice reminds me of Michael J. Fox but without the charm. I do kind of like the new Summer, however. She looks interesting and is believable as a willfull young girl. I think it could have been good if they kept her as a mean girl, though. That storyline was believable and could have continued to be dramatic. But they wrapped up the whole bullying thing super fast. I wish they wouldn't do that!

Archived