Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, but I don't buy the 'Woe is me' defense. Just about every Twitter conflict concerning Y&R as of late, he's been smack dab in the middle. Twitter can be a wonderfully effective networking tool but it is also a tool of rampant (sometimes shameless) self promotion.

I just don't see most of the other Y&R stars getting tangled up in as much conflict on so many fronts. And his sometimes snarky attitude often colors people's opinions of him. I see JM, DD, or even KSJ actually going up to the actors and putting an arm around their shoulder and giving them a pep talk in person rather than airing it out on social networks. Ultimately, you have control over people's perceptions (or misconceptions) of you on Twitter, when you involve yourself in every single conflict out there.

• Members

If Y&R decides to do some flashbacks where they show Tyler's and Leslie's deceased Mother, I know exactly who can play her. The eyes have it:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm964267520/nm0369521

I know she's been on Y&R before but many of today's viewers would never know the difference since it was so long ago.

• Members

He could have won. It's called shutting the hell up and not getting involved with something that has nothing to do with him.

I mean, he's taking on THE senior cast member of Y&R now? Come on, man. It doesn't take a genius to realize it's a major no-no to go up against 80-something year old Jeanne.

He's an ass. Period.

• Members

Apparently on the SOC board, Lane fans either want Tyler dead or Tyler to be the one who killed his own Mother. Apparently, he has committed the grave sin of flirting with married Lily. rolleyes.gif

Michael fans (they hate Lauren now) seem to want a similar fate for Carmine but some people want Michael to be the one who commits the crime.

Oy vey, these fans! They're not leaving much room for drama, are they?

• Members

I'd love soaps to move away from the whole couple thing since it seems to limit story potential.

Michael/lauren should have conflicts because both of them are gray characters. Lauren has always been her worst enemy, this being apparent in both of her previous marriages to Scott and Paul so this affair with Carmaine is totally in character for Lauren. Lauren in the past was a huge flirt that would go after a man even if they, or she, were already spoken for. The previous regimes neutured both of their characters, but that seems to be changing... can't wait for a glimpse at Michael's dark side again. You can reform and still slip up on occasion.. it is called being human.

Lily/Cane should also have conflict especially since Cane is being very hypocritical right now. He lambasts Lily for not being completely honest with the time she spends with Tyler, being hit on... yet the man lied about his identity and all his baggage countless times. She should throw that up in his face whenever he starts to give her grief about being 'dishonest'. If I were in Lily's position, I would never take the man back whatsoever... once the trust is gone, it is almost impossible to regain full trust cause you will always wait for the other shoe to drop.

Lastly, I dont know why they are trying Abby out with potential guys because the Abby character could be so interesting without being saddled to a man. Hopefully, once the dust settles next month with Abby.. that the show takes their time with her.. to allow the audience to get to know the 'new' Abby before throwing her into another potential pairing. With that said, I think Abby and the detective have some chemistry. but who knows next month if that will hold true.

Archived