Y&R: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Here is what JM is really saying:

Look, I am not actor, hell even I know that I cannot act worth a lick. I have been lucky to earn tons of money all these years because of my good looks. Besides, I have a young family to support and refuse to jeopardize my job by spouting off. So let it be known that I have mad love for each and every of my immediate bosses because they might become my bosses again one one day. I am not burning any bridges because I want to stay employed at Y&R until it goes off the air. Peace out, my peeps!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Oh, I get a good laugh reading SOC when the rarely used couples has a little drama to their lives. As we all know Lane and Likey very seldom has as story going on, so I find it interesting how easily a character is hated when they're finally given a little angst...people Freak Out! Lauren has found herself smitten by Carmine, and she doesn't know what to do. I actually like this....it brings back that Lauren we once knew. Alot of viewers are upset with Carmine, but Lauren is infatuated with him. Then we've got Tyler who hadn't flirted with Lily in awhile, but he's still despised. It looks like he just needs a friend after seeing his dad, yet he's called a stalker, and now a murderer. Kinda crazy, especially when nothing has occurred between the two outside of his little "flirty" comments here and there. I'd say they just don't like the hunky actors, b/c Adam,Nick,Cane, and Dylan can do no wrong in many eyes....Very Strange!

• Members

I generally think there are far too many 'cuckoo for cocoa puffs' (as my sister-in-law calls them) posters on SOC but every now and again someone posts an interesting item.

I was checking on the Tyler hate thread (which is steadily growing), and someone proposed the idea that Wheeler's wife could've killed Leslie and Tyler's Mom, in a fit of jealously, I'm guessing.

Although, I think Wheeler will still be revealed to be the one responsible, I actually like seeing the character in GC, namely for the way he's put the screws and antagonized people, Victor especially.

Normally, I think an attempted murder would disqualify a character from permanent status on a show but then Phyllis is still on (although we can debate just how viable a character she is these days). And Adam/Victor Jr. with his heinous history is still around, so if they wanted, Y&R could make up some ridiculous 11th hour story that keeps Wheeler around (or at least coming and going).

Of course, inventing ridiculous 11th hour stories is probably what started this show onto the path it has been on over the last several years.

I just know that despite his FOJ staus, Wheeler, as portrayed by Mark Pinter, is one of the most interesting new characters Y&R has brought on in quite awhile.

• Members

PInter already said that he is about to finish filming so Wheeler is pretty much gone which I think is fine. The story is about Tyler and Leslie and that is where the focus should remain although I think that Wheeler might be revealed as Tyler's father.

The "Tyler is the murderer" thread is only two pages which is nothing for SOC. The Lane fans are still persisting, but I think most of the Tyler hate is ebbing due to his interesting scenes with his father and this story overall. Lauren, however, is still receiving much hate. I hope she keeps hitting the sheets with Carmine until all those people lose their minds. Ha!

• Members

Occasionally yes, if I'm in the mood for reading some snippets of irrational group-think.

I ignore all the posts that have to do with Adam, Avery, Chelsea, Dylan, Nick, Phyllis, Sharon and now Lauren. So yeah, about 90% of the posts I don't read.

Admittedly, lately I couldn't resist reading those poll results where people rant about the results not going their preferred way. It tickles me.

• Members

The beginning of the epi almost ruined it. The acting in the wedding scenes was horrible aside GM;sad when a dayplayer is outshining your contract stars and Billy cutting the right wire was ridiculous.

BH's bad acting brings out the worse in MS in her scenes with him. Her back tics were flaring up again. Those Kyle and Phyllis scenes were awful.

Sharon finding Adriana's thong was funny. For once I was glad Noah turned the conversation around on Sharon. She has no business lecturing anyone about who they wanna date.

And Phyllis deserves everything Summer throws at her.

Archived