GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What does anyone see in any of their favs? The problem with Sabrina is that she is propped too damn much. Let the writing tell us how wonderful this thing is as she is developed. The other characters being used to sell her is a bad idea, and as you can see, causes much resentment.

• Members

I don't think she's any more propped than people like Jason, Sonny, Courtney, and Carly were. For years, we had to hear everyone talk about how fabulous and wonderful and perfect they all were. At least with Sabrina, it's like three or four people. The entire [!@#$%^&*] town talked about how fantastic Jason was for years on end and we were suppose to believe that most of the town was in desperate need for him and those other wastes' approval.

• Members

Okay, I am going to have to put it out there that VM/Brenda is my favorite GH character of all time and S&B is my favorite couple, so I truly can't be objective. I can, however, agree that it was perhaps a misguided attempt to appease her biggest fanbase. It is certainly not her job to preserve the S&B legacy, but Guza was just going to trash it more and I honestly feel like VM really tries to keep Brenda's integrity intact because she does seem to care about Brenda and GH. She is an actress, not a writer, so her intentions were good, but the story was bad. GH was at fault for giving her that much power, but I still don't think it was a bad decision on her part. I don't believe she is a contributer to the death of soaps at all or is a moron. She gave GH a much needed surge in the 90's and 2000's. VM never intended to be long-term. I think Guza, GH, Frons, etc all knew she was out after her contract and paced the story horribly. If Vanessa signed a three year deal than I whole-heartedly agree the Brante story could have been intriguing. That was not the case and this isn't the first time that GH built a whole show around her return and then were left holding the bag when her contract was up. There was no need to craft a long-term story around her, especially a Dante-centric one and to completely ignore J&B is also a fail. I don't think it was wise for her and Sonny to marry (although the S&B fangirl in me ate up the wedding). Why have a supercouple marry only to have them fall apart in a couple of months?. I just think it is unfair to blame Vanessa for TPTB errors. If they were truly set on the Brante story they have every right to ignore her wishes.

• Members

I didn't say it was okay. I just said that when people talk about how much she's propped and make statements like oh she's the most propped character of all time that I disagree. I don't think the propping for this child is near as bad as its been for others. At most, I see the hospital people talking about her. I don't see everyone in town circling around Sabrina, proclaiming her a saint, and spending every moment obsessing over her like some make it seem. Some people make it seem like all anyone does on the show anymore is talk about her and prop her when that's not true. She's confined to her one storyline with the people in her storyline. I don't see her overtaking the entire show.

• Members

@Carolineg

LW's Carly is my absolute favorite GH character ever, and that says alot, but if at that wedding, it would have been discovered that Brenda's child might have been Jax's, I would have loved it because it would be soapy goodness. Here you have this trouble making ex wife bitch from hell trying to ruin the wedding only to be totally humiliated. I would have loved that - only I would not have CarJax separated at the time. You get your full glory if they are happily married.

Recently, when AJ returned, Monica slapped the crap out of Carly, and I was cheering because it was soapy goodness. It's what soaps were once upon a time. When AJ was telling Carly off in that hotel room, I was smiling ear to ear because it was good. Didn't matter that I love Carly because I was watching good soap, which should be first and foremost.

I can't blame VM for the poor decision made by TIIC (especially if I don't know the terms of the contract), but I do blame her for refusing because it showed it's all about Vanessa/SB and not the show as a whole!

I do agree that the marriage never should have happened and giving her a child? Lawd have mercy! Dumb move #346!

If we want these shows to get back to their glory days (not possible but I'm trying to make a point), we have to let them. Plain and simple!

• Members

Okay, I can agree with you. Look at the Carly/Brenda fans getting along! Making the baby Jax's would have been AMAZING and an actual nod to history. I truly enjoy J&B and that would have been the story to go with. Monkeys could have written that [!@#$%^&*].

If timeline for VM's return was a year the Brante story made no sense. This needed at the least two years to develop.

Vm hasn't made a long term commitment to GH since the 90's so why create a new background for her when she has enough history to just play off the Jax/Sonny/Jason dynamic? Dumb, is all I can say, but I don't blame her. She certainly knows where her bread is buttered on Gh and that is with

S&B. That fanbase is super loyal and as long as she put a stop to Brante she is fine in their eyes and they will always beg/tweet/lobby for her return.

• Members

That whore is a non-factor to me and unless MB is leaving the show I have no use for S/B. Brenda, I am sure, will bring that bitch down a notch, but I have no desire to see a S/B/J triangle. If J&B are together just leave it that way. Nothing has changed for Sonny, so why would Brenda go back to him.? He can have Konnie. I just want her to know that she is just not first choice.

• Members

I'm trying to watch again at least until the Nurses' Ball now that the vampires are finally gone.

My problem with Sabrina starts with the fact that I've already seen Ugly Betty. It also doesn't help that she looks 25 but acts like a 12-year-old who can't even admit which man she has a crush on (saying it's Steve so Patrick will never know). It ends with all the constant propping about how great she is; watching Epiphany go on to Patrick about how he needs a girl with a heart while the camera panned to Sabrina was just sickening!

Sonny/Carly/Kate/Olivia was boring filler, imo.

I liked that Heather got to say goodbye to Steven Lars and she seemed sincere in taking responsibility for her actions. Of course, I know with Cartini she can still pop back up next week as if none of this ever happened, but for now it was nice. I also liked how Todd was forced to thank her. For once he was actually funny!

• Members

while ive never liked her, i will say that she isnt really an awful character but imo that makes all the endless, non stop, consistent propping from the entire canvas including throwing another new character under a bus to ensure sabrina is rootable even more unbearable. because it isnt needed. its lazy, sloppy, bad writing.

most of the hate for sabrina isnt really so much targeted at sabrina herself as it is at the obsessive propping.

Archived