AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After the way PP mismanaged the shows, you think they care about extending an olive branch to the fans? I don't for a second believe that such a gesture would even occur to them. PP didn't get enough carryover of people who were willing to watch these actors play the same freaking characters when the show moved from ABC to hulu. Why would they bother to cast them in new roles on other projects? Doing so is zero guarantee that you'll have any sizable fan carryover.

• Members

I agree with ellabelle. There's no sentimentality in failure. If PP's new projects go anywhere, ingratiating AMC/OLTL fans will be the least of their priorities as they'll be too focused on making their fresh new productions soar. I'm not saying that an AMC/OLTL actor won't win an audition or even a role, but should that occur, it will be based on whatever perceived merits of the performer, and not some sweet gesture towards the fans (not that they wouldn't be happy to throw in a little spin in that direction having learned a thing or two about soap fans).

• Members

As much as I love some of these actors, if PP were to decide that they need to make amends (you know, like all business do dry.png ) I'd rather see them approach the crews of these shows and bring them on to the new ventures. I know the actors got shafted but I really feel like its the people behind the scenes who got run over by a truck. They got these shows up and running with little to no notice and they made them look fantastic. It's not charity to reward good work and those put out some very good work.

• Members

I'm happy for my OLTL as always, but I personally think AMC 2.0 was severely robbed for a nomination - it was hands down the best show of 2013, IMO, though I'll admit I did not watch DAYS. But I got the sense that there wasn't much of a push for that to happen.

I am glad all the crew got nommed for both shows, as they really deserve it down the line. Those shows looked incredible.

• Members

Pablo Picasso worked right up until the end of his life at 91. Of course, many of his final works were very controversial and some dismissed it as the work of a feeble minded old man (kind of cruel to say).

But soap writing can be a grind due to its pace and demands. Why would anyone want to push themselves that hard at 86? If she were doing poetry, short stories or even scenes for short films/videos, I could see that but only when she felt like it.

Soaps are much too much of a grind. And launching one would be quite a hassle. She may not even feel like doing any of it, especially after the PP debacle.

• Members

Glad to see the OLTL nods, but I did feel AMC was the better show of the two. BTW, Denyse Tontz was nominated for the Parachute song. The tech crew did deserve their nods. On the budget they had to make AMC and OLTL as good looking as they were was quite the feat.

Archived