AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But you aren't praising ABC in this matter. Those are the people I am talking about. There's this push out there to get AMC and OLTL under ABC's control because the only time that some people would care is if Ron and Frank are in change.

• Members

Uh, what board are you posting on?

I don't have to support every aspect of a lawsuit or of a business's management to support the programs they put out, which I thought were damn good, separate from the companies and their feuding. If you have to have every TV show you enjoy pass a litmus test for BTS behavior, you're not going to have any left to watch, soaps included.

• Members

In primetime TV, the cancellation can be pretty cold. I've heard stories about actors who never got contacted by producers, only a phone call from the director or head writer. Those shows however, usually were not shows that were on the air for 40, 50, 60+ years with generations of viewers/fans. There was an obvious disconnect between how things are done in soapland vs. primetime TV and then the tech world (where changes happen at a fairly rapid clip--e.g. the next time you log onto Yahoo! Facebook, Twitter or Gmail and notice a bunch of changes without your approval, you see what I mean).

PP was kind of treating the TOLN Soaps like a BETA testing, making rapid changes and course corrections along the way with little to no explanation. Unfortunately they didn't seem to realize that they weren't working with IT, software engineers who are used to working that way but actors who were stepping into the unknown and probably expected proper communication and more clarification.

Many of the daytime dramas have been written poorly for years but they run like a machine. Everyone knows what's what, things fall into place and it's like painting by numbers--there are few to no surprises. the TOLN shows were exploring more daring themes creatively but production must have seemed like a mess to the actors who were used to being part of a well oiled machine.

Anyway you slice it, though, I can't justify PP's lack of communication with their actors.

• Members

Vincent was asked on Twitter if he submitted scenes, this was his response

Vincent Irizarry (@VincentIrizarry) tweeted at 5:32 PM on Thu, Mar 06, 2014: @xxxxxxxxxxxx No,I didn't,like most of the actors on the show.The way it ended didn't leave many of us inspired to do so. (https://twitter.com/VincentIrizarry/status/441702863480172544)

• Members

Yeah he said a while back he wasn't going to submit scenes. I do understand being disappointed that a job ended, but given that this was such a new venture, I'm really not sure why he, Debbi and some of the actors seem so bitter about it because as others have pointed out, actors get fired in heartless ways all the time, and from what we can tell, PP doesn't seem to be any better or worse than anyone else out there. Yet Debbi, Vincent, Sal, Lindsay and I think someone said Darnell as well all opted to skip the Emmy pre-nom process. Obviously it's their right to refuse to participate, but I'm not sure why anyone would think NOT submitting because you're mad at PP and upset the show was canceled again is a great idea. Seems like a 'cut off the nose to spite the face' kind of thing.

• Members

The actors have to pay to submit their name during the Emmy process. Also if they do get nominated, since they don't have support from a soap everything would be out of pocket. Some may not think it is worth the money.

Archived