AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hadn't read about Brooke's late in life turn to being bisexual. If I recall what I read at the time (not that it makes any of it real) was that the Kennicotts would be back in Pine Valley, and Brooke was going to re-connect with Dan.

Yes, I read the KWAK/Bianca twist.

Brooke was supposed to write an article in Tempo covering the all time best fashion models, and she leaves Erica off the list, which then starts a massive renewed rivalry between Brooke and Erica.

Enchantment and Tempo were supposed to be were the biggest action would take place for office wars. Bianca was going to choose Tempo over Enchantment.

That is what I remember.

• Members

I just looked that up again. Unless I am misremembering the fake aliases and their usual posting style, the source was the exact same fraud full of "unused soap bibles" who we cannot type the name of and who we are all very familiar with. Which again leads me to doubt that Armus ever had anything to do with daytime at all.

I'm all for a good idea and some of those sound very nice, but I have no patience for relentless bullshitters. It is all the same source.

• Members

Please let's not misinform even more people. I highly doubt, even if Burton Armus was ever anywhere near ABC Daytime - which I also highly doubt, especially since he has not had a single IMDB writing credit since 1998 - that any of the ideas currently attributed to the man are his and not, in fact, the same old troll.

• Members

I don't for a second believe that anyone seriously considered making Brooke bisexual. There was nothing in the character's story or history that indicates she ever had any interest in being with a woman. Yes, I know that gay storylines weren't done on soaps prior to the 90s, but even so, I saw nothing to make me suspect that of Brooke. Fans were unhappy with Marissa's sudden lesbian turn, and Brooke's would have been even more outrageous. As far as a renewed Brooke/Erica feud, Erica certainly would have been insulted if Tempo left her out of a story like the one EnglishTea mentioned, but such a story seems like something Brooke would deem a fluff piece and totally beneath her. A more interesting option would have been for Laura to return, admit that she'd been attracted to Bianca before, and for them to get involved. Or heck, if they wanted to irk Erica and create drama between Erica and Brooke, they could have given Jack a romance with Brooke circa 2007 instead of bringing back Barbara Montgomery. I enjoyed the Jack/Brooke friendship, but I never understood why they didn't make them a longer-lasting couple. I always thought they well suited to each other, and it certainly would have been interesting if, instead of Jack being involved with Carmen while Erica was sort of seeing Adam, if Jack and Brooke had been together while Erica and Adam were.

EnglishTea, did Brooke have a history with Dan Kennicott? I remember a Katie Kennicott working as a nurse at PVH around 1990 or so, but I don't remember much in terms of storyline for her or any other relatives who were around at the time.

• Members

IIRC, Devon was in love with Dan, and Brooke made it seem as if Dan preferred a more "experienced" woman. That was when she decided to lose her virginity to Wally in a motel room, a decision that would result in her daughter, Bonnie's, conception, Wally and Devon's brief, unhappy marriage, and Devon's subsequent battle with the bottle.

• Members

How popular were Devon/Wally/Dan? And were they, including Brooke, supposed to have been the next popular teen scene before they aged Brooke? It seems like Devon was supposed to have been Tara and Brooke was supposed to be Erica while Dan was supposed to be Phil and I guess Wally was supposed to be Chuck.

I am interested in those characters because they seemed to have been forgotten.

• Members

I remember she had an idea for an aging, alcoholic, out of work actress who moved back to her hometown, Pine Valley, with cigarette and little dog in hand(s). She'd live in her late father's dilapidated mansion and be among other things an irritant for Erica. The character was written for Sharon Gabet and called Rachel Stanwyk after AW's Rachel and Barbara. When raven-haired Adrienne Barbeau was cast as a Stanwyk on GH, I admit to doing an eyebrow raise and wondered if KB was writing on the dl.

Archived