AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had the opportunity to talk to Walt at length at the beginning of the summer (won a phone call and his comedy DVD through a contest he was doing), and he confirmed that he was supposed to start shooting in October, but then he got a call that it was being pushed back, and then of course, the show never came back. I didn't get a chance to ask about story direction because he was really preferred to talk about his current projects, but my assumptions for the characters are:

1. Jack was going to be part of the "Miranda doesn't know her mother was raped" reveal

2. Jack was going to support Kendall through whatever health issues she had (it seemed like they were going the direction of her having heart issues that David's new technology could fix)

3. Jack was friends with both Tad and Jesse, and Tad had been called to come back, and perhaps Jesse needed legal advice. Pine Valley 2.0 had no lawyers, and once David found out Oliver was his son, you can assume that some sort of custody battle would happen, and they'd both need attorneys. The safe bet is that Tad would ask him to represent Cara. There was certainly no love lost between Jack and David, but Jack certainly has been in David's position where his child was kept from him for no real reason, and you have to wonder if the writers would have played with that at all and brought some nuance to it where Jack could sympathize with David being kept from all of his children, even though he still thoroughly disliked him.

I would love to know what the plans were for the show. I don't suppose we'll be lucky enough to have plot summaries for AMC's next season released in the court filings.

• Members

Fascinating. Thanks for the info!

I never particularly cared for Jack & Kendall's relationship (they barely even had one) so I'm underwhelmed by that tidbit, but still would've killed to see it. Man these writers just love writing sick Kendall. Ugh!

And it just kills me, absolutely kills me we won't get to see the Miranda reveal play out, ever. It's just torture! I'm glad it was going to be addressed. Damn.

• Members

They did after Zach came along. Prior to that, Kendall was healthy and had no problems. In all fairness though, donated organs don't last a lifetime. It's reasonable to assume that after a decade or so, Kendall's transplanted heart from the unabortion would start to fail and she'd be in need of a new heart. For that matter, Laura English really should be dead by now.

• Members

I liked the actor tremendously. I loved the idea of Erica having a son, and I loved the bond he had in particular with Kendall. I just hated the way they made him Erica's son. There were so many other ways they could have given her an adult son without undoing a groundbreaking storyline. I am not a soap writer, and I can come up with multiple retcon options that made more sense than the unabortion. But once they did it and established him as Erica's son, it was awful to kill him off the way they did and never mention him again.

• Members

I'm usually not a fan of the long-lost twin story, especially since AMC had already done the long-lost son of Richard Fields storyline with Trey (a story that never should have happened). That said, Kendall having a twin in Josh would have been better than the unabortion. Greg could have been an unwitting adoptive parent who kept the adoption a secret from the world and didn't realize until Erica's trial for stabbing Dimitri that his son had a twin. Or he could have been a creepy baby stealer who delivered her baby and kept it for himself. It was already established in the story that Erica was heavily drugged during the birth. A twin story could have brought Mona back into it with Kendall telling Josh about his grandmother and Erica wondering if Mona knew she'd had a son and whether her mother kept that news from her or if Mona was equally in the dark. Kendall would have questioned everything she thought she knew about her birth, and I could see her reaching out to her adoptive mother to find out if Alice had any idea she was a twin. The news of who and what his father was would have brought an additional layer to Josh's obsessive stalker-ish behavior with Babe as well.

Archived