AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I heard Jordi say that HIMSELF on a blogtalk radio show. AMC wanted a contract. He couldnt becase of his deal with The Glades. So he is recurring for now & films AMC when not filming The Glades.

• Members

As to the cussing, I think they should have instead gone to a 90/10 type approach where the 90% is no swear words. If there is a time where a word here and there is warranted, do it and then put TV-MA on the episode so that the sensitive can tune out/be warned. Same thing goes for more mature material. I am concerned about possible sanitation of material as a consequence of the change in the cursing policy as opposed to whether Zach can say the s word.

• Members

He was actually the first to announce the contract length by announcing he signed a one year contract. That obviously changed to recurring, I guess, due to The Glades.

I'd blame Jordi and the Glades, but Jordi really does give the impression he's available to be doing more than he has been given.

Twitter (after the second round of taping completed):

Please tell me we're eventually going to get a Griffin storyline? Please?

- did you get an answer?!

Am I the only 1 wondering when @JordiVilasuso is going to get his OWN storyline again on #AMC?? Surely not! @allmychildren @TOLN @prospectpk

- I am wondering myself as well

Hi, is Griffin waiting for Kendall to return? whats up with him & what happened to him in 5 yrs?

- good question. I actually have no idea!

Loving #AMC but where's @JordiVilasuso? #MissingGriff!!!!

- thanks Gretchen !

• Members

Oh right that does sound familiar. Maybe they were pissed at him for backing out on the contract? I agree, Jordi defnitely makes it sound like he can and is willing to do more, they're just not giving him anything to do. I want more David Canary before I get more Jordi though, no offense to him.

• Members

No doubt, I'd take David Canary over the entire cast currently on screen. But, I don't think Prospect Park has much of a say on David Canary's work schedule.

I never really liked Jordi that much on AMC as they gave him too much too soon on 1.0 but there's places he'd be a glaringly good fit that they're not using him in, at least so far (ex: Cass's doctor, some Lea interaction).

• Members

Yeah but don't dangle that carrot then, he's in the opening, all the cast photos, etc. I wonder if he even filmed during the second round at all.

Yeah I thought they could build him back up slowly a bit better but they just didn't do anything with him.

• Members

"With the model for TV so dynamic these days, I'm really not sure whether current models like syndication will hold as much promise years from now, unless VOD is also part of the syndication process, in which case, language still won't matter."

Honestly, syndication has never been a success when it comes to soaps, and while in the 90s it hada resurgence with genre shows like Xena, its pretty dead when it comes to scripted shows. I could see this having SOME success for PP but it would be very limited an just a slight profit gain.

Really, DVRs are dead? Everyuone I know still uses them much more than say VOD (which barely anyone I know uses.)

• Members

I love Canary but he retired of his own free will and he deserves to enjoy that retirement in whatever way he sees fit. After decades of giving us and the show his absolute best, he's earned that. I'm just grateful he came back to help launch AMC 2.0 and no matter what happens I will be always and forever grateful to Prospect Park for giving me a video of DC doing the Harlem Shake in a pink feather boa.

601572_10151420464178393_1075600662_n.jp

• Members

I agree. Erica should come back for short-term arcs when Susan Lucci is available to stir things up. I can't wait to see what she thinks of Dimitri working with Brooke!

They must have removed them as quickly as they put them up because I haven't seen them either.

Archived