AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorites were Tea dropping F-bombs up, down and all around. The take of the fight with Victor a few weeks back with her screaming "what the !@#$%^&*] is going on!" and him grabbing her should've led to more crazy sex.

Blair got off a good one but it was a little too sultry.

Man, just make the Hulu cuts of the episodes the "raw" ones.

• Members

I don't think cursing makes a show seem fresher or hotter unless it's a show about prison or mobsters. On a former daytime drama, I think it makes it appear as if it's trying too hard. I'm good with the amount of cursing allowed on actual Daytime TV (bitch, son of a bitch, slut, whore) and maybe an occasional "*hit" being thrown out.

That said, it didn't seem necessary for them to officially announce this.

• Members

I was actually thinking that as I posted. Television has/Viewers have allowed a lot of the female-insult bad words to become the norm, but not so much the male-insult bad words (the f word, the mf word). That said, like bi, I actually do think of men as whores and sluts as well when the bill fits. I don't really think you can throw whore/slut around too much without it feeling really tacky and abusive.

• Members

You know what, !@#$%^&*] it - I'm sending them an email about the profanity. Which one of the PP heads is the one who responds to viewer mail? Anyone got the email address? I encourage others to do the same.

Archived