AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went off on a business trip and finally had a chance to log back on, and I come back to such lovely posts. Eric, marceline, greensdupres, soaplovers - I feel the need to just ditto everything you've said in the last few days. :D

To be honest, I don't have the same emotional connection to AMC that I had in the past because Erica isn't on it - she was always the reason I watched - but I love, love LOVE that we are not being subjected to the Zendall/Rylee hour again! Yeah that whole 'supercouple' concept really worked for AMC in the 2000s, didn't it? whistling.jpg

I'm watching though, and I'm enjoying it, and I really love that that they're laying the groundwork for such great soapy conflict! A Brooke/Dimitri flirtation has the potential to create a great dramatic storyline with Brooke feeling torn, and JR and Colby using Dimitri's interest in Brooke to try wrest control of Chandler away from her. And as someone else pointed out, no matter how much certain people want a Brooke/Adam supercouple pairing, no one can force David Canary to be on contract or to work any set period of time. A less selfish fan might just be grateful that he came out of semi-retirement to participate in the reboot at all. He is turning 75 this summer after all.

• Members

I agree with you on Cornelius Smith Jr. and how he was badly thrown under the bus Frankie is a core legacy character and after the Henry North/Madison/Randi storyline, the writers just treated his character badly IMO. If he was called for the reboot, I can understand his reluctance/hesitation for coming back. Frankie is needed to solidify the Hubbard core of the show, for sure. I hope the new writers will incorporate him into the rebooting the reboot in the fall (October) timeframe. I would love for Cornelius Smith Jr. to come back but they would have to recast Randi due to Denise Vasi shooting season 2 of Single Ladies and modeling on the West Coast. I don't know if Shannon Kane is available for coming back as Natalia. JR Martinez is unavailable due to his extensive Speaking schedule and his Sunday radio show based in LA. He is busy with Washington DC/Pentagon engagements also and still doing his book tours with his New York Times Best-Selling book too and maybe writing his second book too. He would not be available to resume his role as Brot Monroe. JR Martinez is A-List now and his agency WME keeps him very busy. They do a good job of pacing him and also JR wants to get back into acting but probably Primetime/film work. He did an episode of Army Wives and he loved that type of venue a lot. DWTS, he is a spokesman for the show promoting it since he won the mirror ball trophy with Karina Smirnoff. I think he would consider an appearance here and there but could not conflict with his radio show and speaking tours/events. He is keeping his agency, WME, nicely employed.

Archived