AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Yeah, I want a totally new opening. I would keep the music because it like it but this one feels so remedial. (See David. See David and Cara. See David crying at his dead daughter's grave.) As the show "settles" and finds its voice and we get a better grip on who the cast really is I'd like to see something that's more creative and less like a video yearbook. Also, having characters paired off in the credits (Pete/Celia, Zach/Lea) is a bad, bad idea.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree- the pairings were a terrible idea (although I feel less strongly that way in the OLTL opening as its less "opening credits-y"). But really the only time that's ok is in like an Edward and Lila Quartermaine situation. I do like the music too and I think it makes sense to keep it but I'll continue to dream of an updated version of the pearls opening 90s theme music.

• Members

Yeah, come for a wedding to Brooke. I've waited 24 yrs for a wedding. Get them married and then Adam can take his trips to clean up Adam Jr's mess.

Enough of his time was wasted having scenes with others. Really didn't need to have Adam listen to Bianca's woes OR giving Palmer's son business tips if he wasn't coming back anytime soon. And his goodbye with Brooke should've been private. Why those teens have to constantly be there - spare me Miranda having her tutoring lesson with Celia during my couple's goodbye. UGH!!

I HATE the story GS is giving MN. I didn't wait 24 yrs for that. Dimitri can wait for Erica or go join his brother.

• Members

I love Brooke and Adam but I'm pleased to see that she isn't going to be held hostage to her pairing with Adam. I've seen too many cases where an actor or character isn't allowed to be a part of the canvas because a part of the audience can/will only accept them as part of a certain pairing and more often than not its the woman. (Exhibit A: Dixie Cooney Martin) If DC doesn't want to be a regular part of the show, there's no reason Brooke or JB should be relegated to the sidelines and if Canary does come back to the show in a more robust capacity I look forward to Dimitri/Brooke/Adam triangle. That would be EVERYTHING.

• Members

I say this as someone who counts Booke as his favorite soap character, and Adam not being far behind--and as someone who has watched hours of AMC episdes back from when they first met, etc.... You kinda need a life. I mean, if that's your big issue with the show--that you need to see a wedding, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

• Members

R Sinclair?

They don't seem to post here now. I miss some of the AMC and GH posts, they were very entertaining and amusing.

I haven't watched the episode yet but everything I keep seeing of that scene kind of scares me. ohmy.png It's like the Queen video I never wanted to see.

Archived