AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, that looks like it took a lot of time to research and put together! Looks like a downward slide except for a spike up for Chapter 4, Part 1 of AMC (and Chapter 4, Part 2 of OLTL) -- Chapter 4 being the week they went to 2 episodes a week.

Definitely see the case they're making that people are starting at the beginning.

• Members

Maybe the new writers will care more about Griffin. I don't like how one-note Griffin has been on the show so far, being all about how bad David is, especially considering he used to admire David and was trained by him.

• Members

Actors are given guarantees for a specified number of episodes per week or per cycle (every thirteen weeks). Say, Julia Barr has a 2 appearance per week guarantee, but is only used one day that week. She still gets paid for the day she isn't used (unless there's something in her contract that specifies she can appear once one week then three times the next). This is pretty much standard in the business. The number of days filming has nothing to do with how they're paid.

• Members

Yeah I remember PP in that long variety article saying one of their major ways to cut costs was that they paid actors per day or per week instead of per episode.

"For example, actors are paid per day, rather than per episode under previous guild contracts. With the accelerated production sked, that means if, say, an actor works on five episodes in one day, net pay is much less."

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/inside-the-online-revival-of-all-my-children-one-life-to-live-1200412961/#!1/robert-scott-wilson-plays-petey-cortlandt/

• Members

I forgot where it was revealed, but I absolutely do remember it being revealed the actors were being paid a flat weekly rate instead of the usual per episode rate.

Took about 2.5 hours. I couldn't stop once I got started. I was shocked they appear to have literally every episode they ever uploaded on that list. I was tempted to watch old episodes of Buffy and Reba. I was initially doing 1, 2, 3, 4 across but that got old by 275 then I started doing the count 1 - 25 down (which equals 100 episodes and I'd mark up every 100th episode in Wordpad) and that was far less a pain in the behind.

It'll be interesting to see how things fall in another month. Will the trend continue with Chapter 5, 6, 7, 8 remaining 4000 or lower. Were AMC 4,1 and OLTL 4, 2 just a case of people not realizing the episodes had been cut in half quite yet? Or, on the other hand, will, Chapter 5, 6, 7, 8 climb up into the 3000s or higher.

Archived