AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something is off here. Every 2 weeks we, the viewers get out-of-nowhere breaking news and it is not all good either. Change in Headwriters, Change in schedule, and now the Unions (SAG/AFTRA) and the crew unions too getting into all this mess over well deserved pay for work.

As I have always said, this is PP's show and I get the feeling that they want to hoard the money and pay accordingly only when their backs are against the wall. What is really going here? Who feels like they have been shortchanged? Well, we the viewers are the one' s getting shortchanged, shortchanged with 2 episodes per week, shortchanged with the Canadian fanbases who were spending to ensure that FX Canada would carry the show, and just once again, here is another controversy going on.

• Members

I think it's obviously an issue involving both soaps, but the article mentioned just AMC out of ignorance. I could see this being true, if only because Vincent Irizarry said they only filmed 47 episodes in a period they were meant to film 70 episodes. Maybe by filming 70 episodes in this short time frame the episodes were cheaper, but since that money only filmed 47 episodes, it means they went over budget.

• Members

shortchanged. At least we get 2 a week. Some soaps are gone and never coming back. Think big picture, not what YOU WANT

it just took longer to film the scenes so it took more days. Question is on what days if any did they spend more than 125k

• Members

If they were originally supposed to film 70 episodes for the 5 week block and then they had to cut back to 47 episodes, that leaves 23 episodes out of production ??? I wonder what the contracts look like and if it states that so many episodes will be filmed and paid accordingly, and then cut back 23 episodes, then what legally does PP have to pay or not have to pay according to the legal contracts?

• Members

Yes the actors should suffer no loss while taping even if they are now taping less eps per day. But if I am understanding all of this correctly, there was a planned July taping cycle for AMC that is not happening because they're going on hiatus to rewrite/edit. So their salaries for the next taping cycle are pushed back to August (and I guess September for the OLTL crew who would have been back to work in mid August had AMC taped in July).

Archived