AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they work something out. PP doesn't need more drama, sounds like the union is pissed about the FX Canada stuff

Oh I'm referring to those who think PP can do no wrong and think they walk on water and poop rainbows and butterflies lol ;)

• Members

Id assume crew would also be paid over time as it should be in the contract the union already agreed to

The Crews union should have no say in how the show is broadcast

AMC has been more behind and spending more hours to catch up

• Members

If the Crew Union had a deal that said for online only then PP should pay for the episodes that aired on FX Canada

The budget is 80,000 an episode. Sounds like the union agreed that 125,000 would be the limit spent per eppy before they would expect penalty pay. So the contract allowed for PP to go over budget somewhat but didnt allow it to get crazy. Seems like OLTL never went over that amount as they are not mentioned.

AMC had a rough first cycle so if they did spend more than 125K for any of the episodes, the union should and Will be paid. Im sure itll be an abritation and wont affect prod.

Its good that it sounds like PP is not hiding the books as the union is already going over them. So sounds like both sides are working to figure this out

• Members

Trust this is not the first time companies have gotten lost in OT and Im sure it will be paid out if that is what happened. If PP was trying to hide things, I doubt they would have gven the crew union access to theiir books and recipets

• Members

If the FX Canada thing is an issue, then I'm even more surprised that OLTL isn't mentioned in the article.

It does lead me to believe that the main issue is the budget per episode being violated. I'm surprised that AMC seems to have trouble staying within budget while OLTL was always under budget. I guess fault lies with the EP/PP in that case since if they were going to work over-time on certain days, maybe they needed to trim costs in other ways during their over-time so that they stayed within budget.

• Members

Oh not more of this "AMC is always overbudget. Only OLTL can do things right" BS.

Guess what? OLTL was on FX Canada as well but the article doesn't mention them. Which suggests the article just chose to focus on AMC for whatever reason, and just mentioned OLTL in passing as "another cancelled soap opera". So probably better to go with the "red-headed stepchild" complaint on this one.

I give it half an hour before DC has a post up about this implying that it's AMC's fault that OLTL had to get cut back to 2 shows/week.

Archived