AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A spin-off episode sounds good. I, too wish for the new writing team to fix mess from the fired writing team and figure out great visions with continuity in characters with character driven stories instead of the lazy plot point to plot point writing. I hope the new writing team will be successful at finding the right voice for the show in consistent writing.

Fill in the holes/gaps that are obvious to see. Yes, I do see PP having a future vision to see that the shows get into syndication because that means more $$$$.

Mostly just give it a 2nd year please.

• Members

You make very valid points here. Audiences should never "set the rules" for a show. PP selling point was more edgy, more innovative, more this and that and it does seem like they are caring about a group of audience and not the whole theater filled to capacity to entertain. Not everyone posts on AMC Facebook page and so there is no accuracy in representation of viewership, overall.

I am with you on this posting.

• Members

With the model for TV so dynamic these days, I'm really not sure whether current models like syndication will hold as much promise years from now, unless VOD is also part of the syndication process, in which case, language still won't matter.

Broadcast television on the whole is entering into a period where the viewers are more stratified. Appointment viewing is the old model and more and more networks are branching out to other models, if for no other reason than to augment the standard TV model.

Most broadcast TV shows now must accept lower ratings as the norm because people are streaming online and on watching on demand. I remember reading just last week that DVR sales are down and analysts speculate that it will go the way of the VCR, in that there won't be much growth--those who currently own will keep theirs but those who have never bought one will move directly to the next technology.

And reading that NYTimes article yesterday morning, I get the impression that the one or more of the major broadcast companies would like to fully own HULU and take it in a direction that benefits their profit margin.

I hope that no cable company gets ownership though because that will probably mean no free version--I hate how cable nickel and dimes you for everything! Hulu Plus should remain just that-- a Plus, not the standard way of streaming.

I know Yahoo! is interested, and I think I'd be more comfortable with a tech company owning and running Hulu because at least they would focus on continuing to improve the service technologically, which I think Hulu needs.

In short, I'm not so sure language holds as much sway as it once did, at least in shopping the programs for deals. I can see this changing in the next few years, the way media is headed.

• Members

I've been saying for awhile now that as a Doctor he should be interacting with the new Doctor, Dixie and Lea in regards to the sex trafficking case. What happened to Dumpster Ho? Was she released? I mostly like where the show is but I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't seen the other victims who were rescued. Shouldn't they at least have had an doctor's exam? A checkup? This could've required an all hands on deck scenario with this new doctor, Cara and Griffin examining patients.

I wouldn't put a romance with Griffin with either Cass or Lea but I would at least have some interaction between them. Perhaps when Cass comes out of her withdrawal we'll get such a scene. I had even imagined that Cass, with all she's been through might request a female Doctor and Cara will be assigned to her. I did imagine Griffin, at first, though being the one assigned to her care. I guess this new doctor is supposed to mix it up with Dixie but I wish these scenarios would happen in a more organic way.

Archived