AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would agree with somewhere around the arrivals of Colby/Dimitri in first/second week of June. The Celia stuff was less heavily in focus, the sex trafficking story moved, Brooke & Dixie started being used as more than window dressing, the teens have been good but also not a daily presence.

• Members

It's good to no she is talking to her. Does anyone think Susan will go as far was leaving Devious Maids to go back on AMC??? I wonder if, for now, they can do a short term arc of her in Llanview? Yes!! I know!! Maybe someone Erica likes such as Opal will get sick and will be sent to Llanview hospital (work with me) then Erica will come to town to visit. She could check out some places like Shelter and see some Pine Valley people there. Wasn't Brooke working on The Banner back in the day? If so Brooke could be friends with Vickie and we didn't know (Asa and Adam knew each other LOL) then Erica and Brooke would clash there? Those scenes could be on AMC but the Vickie and Brooke development could be on both shows. That would also be a good way for PP to get more people interested in both shows.

• Members

Why would Susan Lucci need to leave Devious Maids?? The show is not year around, I assume its on the same number of episodes that most primetime series are on schedule with. And with PP shows' production schedule, I think there could be some workarounds. The schedule is probably tight as of now but when DM is not in production, perhaps there may be some openings to shoot elsewhere. It's probably just a matter of scheduling coordination.

• Members

First, why would Susan WANT to leave Devious Maids? Are you really suggesting that she'd give up being on a primetime show in which she's garnering rave reviews to go back to a soap opera that is primarily broadcast on the internet? That makes no sense.

As for crossovers, I know soaps tend to pretend that time doesn't mean anything, but it's really odd to me that Pine Valley is apparently now five years ahead of Llanview. I don't watch OLTL, and Opal going to OLTL wouldn't get me to watch. I have no desire to see Erica in Llanview when there are more than enough AMC characters with whom she can interact.

• Members

First, I was not really suggesting that she should I was simply asking if anyone thinks she ever would consider it.

My crossover idea comes from the fact that AMC and DM are apparently both on Hiatus. So when OLTL resumes in August and if DM is not shooting they could work on a crossover idea and inset the scenes on AMC. I was not talking about a full fledged storyline but a few episodes to give fans some hope. Heck, maybe they could do it but not include any OLTL characters at all and just have the scenes shown on AMC like the old days when you would see Opal shopping at OLTL or whatever. These shows were always doing that sort of things and I for one hope they will do crossover cameos again.

Archived