AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just yesterday, I noticed that HULU's TOLN page was a bit awkward in its navigation. I couldn't understand why they no longer seemed to have their most recent episodes out in front in a more prominent position on the page. Yesterday I had to go scrolling through to find the most recent episode. A relatively minor annoyance.

Today I noticed it was fixed. I don't know whether Hulu, PP or a viewer noticed it but it's cool that it got fixed relatively quickly.

No more digging for the latest episode. Yay! I know, it takes so little these days but the year, I've been having, I'll take small bundles of goodness whenever I can get them.

• Members

Actually Tonya Pinkins has been doing great work in theater for years, she's never stopped working even in the midst of personal turmoil--she had time and space to win a Tony award for one musical and performed in other award nominated/winning shows. Maybe because I'm involved in theater, I know, she's really never gone anywhere.

I don't know if you can track it down but she recently did a fantastic rendition of Pirate Jenny in performance. Anyone who knows about the Nina Simone version, in particular, knows it's a very strong song meant for a strong willed experienced, tough woman and it takes a full bodied vocal with lots of gusto to pull it off. And Tonya absolutely killed it!

...and it looks like TOLN/HULU page is changed AGAIN! TOLN's motto should be 'If it ain't broke, hell, let's fix the damn thing anyway!'

• Members

Yeah, you're right, HULU is going through a lot of changes too. I suspect more when the company get sold eventually. I just hope it won't be a cable or satellite company lest they try to nickel and dime us for everything. And I'm concerned about whether the free version will be stripped down severely to very limited choices. Oh well, that hasn't happened yet, so it's premature on my part to speculate.

• Members

Dramatist--I've been involved in theatre, and more so obsessed with it since I was a young teen, so I know all that (and Caroline, or CHange is one of my fave musicals of the past 15 years.) I know about her homelessness and "comeback"--but it seemed that more recently (2 years back?) she was acting kinda even more insane is all--so I meant just recent online rants. I will have to track down her Pirate Jenny--it's probably my fave Kurt Weill song (though I actually don't know Nina's either--just Lotte Lenya's from Threepenny's various cast recordings and the Judy Collins cover that made it a pop hit in the 60s). .

• Members

On Katie yesterday, when talking about AMC, Susan Lucci said she was working something out (or trying to) but unfortunately now that Maids is on hiatus, AMC is on Hiatus. Surely she'll still have some time--and Maids hopefully doesn't decide to rush a second season and go into filming in Aug. But really, PP should just move the hiatus for La Lucci :P

• Members

Eric--Oh, you mean the ones about her ex trying to kill her (Tonya P.)? Yeah, I've heard about that too. When I first heard about that, I was like 'WTF!' but now I mostly just overlook it (don't know if that's good or bad on my parthuh.png ).

There was a murder that happened on the streets of NYC in broad daylight involving the son of her ex's lawyer or something and she went on record in a local newspaper kind of saying something like "Well, it's tragic but I'm not surprised, look at that family and all their mixed up in...). I kind of wish she wouldn't involve herself in that because if it is true, the son and possibly the family could have some really unsavory and dangerous connections. It was a contract hit in broad daylight, efficiently executed and the perp has not been caught to this day.unsure.png

She's had blurts of loopiness every now and then but she's mostly been level and going about her creative business.

I met her once personally, a very brief meeting where I got to meet a bunch of other people like Tony Kushner, Anika Noni Rose, etc. and she seems like a kind person who's been through a lot.

Archived