AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Just read about OLTL's new theme and I am happy for them because it seems to fit with their theme song history in the sense that they will have a song with lyrics, but I seriously hope PP isn't thinking of having AMC open with a theme song performed by some rapper and one of the artists from their label. AMC shouldn't have a theme song with lyrics period. Honestly I am still hoping they were able to obtain rights to the theme ABC had been using (Direct TV did it with Passions), but if they can't or won't just no lyrics please.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's just relax and wait to see what happens. It's become pretty clear that PP sees and treats AMC and OLTL as completely different shows. I hope and pray for the day that the people on this board do the same.

I have nothing against lyrics. Think of all the classic TV theme songs with great lyrics (All in the Family, WKRP, Friends) That doesn't negate all the classic instrumental theme songs (MASH, Dynasty, Dexter). I'd be intrigued to see a Philip Glass or Craig Armstrong style interpretation of the AMC theme but, hell, if Beyonce and Jay Z wants to take their shot at it, God bless.

I love my Hubbards but I completely agree with this. I always hated that Jesse and Angie were kept in this bubble. It's like some fans only wanted to see them kiss, eat and pray.

• Members

I get that they are your favorite couple, I get that they are legacy to All My Children, and hold a special place in history as truly, the only African-American supercouple - and ultimately, they are characters who will realistically always make their way back to each other.

I don't agree that we, the viewers, can dictate story, make ultimatums, or picket outside the studio - if the writers choose to break up the characters because it works in the context of the story that they are telling - I'd rather have that happen, than having the couple(s) together at a time in story when it would make much more sense for them to be apart.

• Members

Supposedly, Josh was attacked in prison for killing a kid. It required reconstructive surgery, which is why he looked different. He popped into Brooke's life as the unrecognizable Eliot - a minister, not a priest. His initial visit into Pine Valley was to check on how Brooke was handling life since Laura's death, but when both of their feelings started developing into something more, he revealed his true identity. I'm just thankful that they never slept together, and the story was dropped quickly.

I wished they had explored more of a relationship with Dimitri since he didn't end up with Erica at this time anyway. It could have been a good triangle with Edmund.

• Members

I LOVED the Erica/Dimitri/Brooke triangle that was beginning to form in late 1998/early 1999. I felt like it could have transitioned into Edmund realizing he wasn't over Brooke and Erica realizing she wasn't over Dimitri, and then we could have had the storyline we SHOULD have had in the early to mid 90s with all four of them living together at Wildwind.

My only issue is that I really and truly loved the David/Erica storyline that resulted from her accident in 1999, which is when the Erica/Dim/Brooke stuff was dropped.

• Members

I may set up my webcam to record my emotional reaction to the first episode of AMC while I am watching it to my computer. It won't be a commentary but me staring at my screen and watching it as I cry my eyes out. I am saying this to everyone because I think everyone should do it so we all can see each others emotional reaction as if we are in the same exact spot. Maybe we can set up facetime or skype at a certain time like 1:00pm and watch the first episode together. Maybe Erroll could do a contest on who has the best "Ugly Cry". Not sure what the prize could be. Maybe Moderator for the day?? Who knows????

Archived