AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

After she came back from the dead the first time, Dixie should have been presented as a woman who made horrible choices and had to live with the consequences of those choices for both herself and the people she loved. Instead, we got Greg Madden as the big bad as far as the Kate situation AND Adam being blamed for the man JR turned out to be. The thing is, had Dixie been made to suffer the consequences of the choices she made, she would have grown as a character and would have been better for it. I think she could have evolved into a complex, layered character who owned her choices and their consequences.

With that said, I hope that is what we're going to get as far as Dixie is concerned with this reboot. Namely that the last five years have forced her to accept her (and Tad's) responsibility for how JR turned out AND that perhaps she and Tad drifted apart because SHE accepted this responsibility and HE couldn't evolve past the fantasy world where nothing is his fault and Adam (or David or Greg Madden) is responsible for all the evils in the world including the evil, horrible choices he makes.

It would be interesting if we get this sort of Dixie as part of the reboot. It would be even more interesting if Dixie and Adam ultimately bonded (not in the romantic sense, but in the sense that they're co-parents whose bad choices ultimately had a profound effect on the actions of their child/the situation he finds himself in) and were of one mind as far as JR's care and AJ's custody are concerned. At least that is what i'm hoping for.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed that that would make Dixie a far more interesting and frankly tolerable character. I'd be very surprised if it happened, but I'd welcome it because as it stands now, I really passionately hate Dixie and preferred to pretend that JR shot her and that she died (again).

Archived