AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Finished work a short while ago, taping AMC for 13 hours on our first day back, admittedly in our own bubble of sorts, before learning about the tragic events in Boston. I'm not only deeply saddened, as we all must be, as a human being, secondly as an American, but also because this is the same city I attended college in many years ago, a city which holds some of the most cherished memories of my young adult life. My heart not only goes out to all those who have been affected in the most personal way by this horror, but is also burdened further with the senselessness of it all. And then to learn that the marathon itself was dedicated to the victims of Newtown, and that some of the family members affected directly by that unspeakable horror were there when the explosions went off??? That's the definition of tragedy upon tragedy. I have no doubt that our collective hearts go out to you all. My fear is that even that may not come close to being enough to comfort those in the depth of such incalculable pain and heartache... #ENOUGHisENOUGH #standtogether #humanityisour1sharedtrait #stopthesenselessness

• Members

I've always been of the mind that actors who play the best villains are the kindest people. Not always--exceptions to the rule, of course--but I think many work out the evils through those sadistic characters. And VI as David is one of the best.

• Members

From the tv guide article

The article says that when AMC and OLTL were axed in 2011 that people said the genre was over and done, that even Oprah had said it was time to stick a fork in it.

On April 29th both AMC and OLTL return with fresh 30-minute episodes produced by Prospect Park and available via itunes and hulu. It's a pioneering effort one whose feet are firmly planted in the past

Agnes says "Soaps madde history by being the first shows to move from radio to tv, now they're the first to move from tv to the internet, and she's thrilled to tears that she's still here to witness this.

Agnes is a creative consultant on both shows which feature many returning favorites including Thorsten Kaye, he says "This is an opportunity to fix what went wrong at ABC, there were some really funky stories being told at the end of our run, and all of them can use distance from that"

AMC will jump 5 years into the future so all the young ones are now teens and young adults are more dramatically exciting

Thom Racina says "We returning with a whole new look and something better that you've never seen on a soap, the sets, costumes lighting and music are young and hip, the characters talk the way people really talk, if new viewers will give us two minutes they're more than likely going to stick around"

It's the long time viewers who deserve thanks. Erika says "We owe all this to them, because they never gave up. When ABC foolishly cancelled us, the fans screamed, yelled and carried on and damn it worked! PP saw all that passion and believed there was still life in us" and goes on to say that "anyone who knows soaps that when you're dead, you're never truly dead"

The caption for TK's pic says "Like with any new business, there will be growing pains"

The caption for the other pic says Facing hard times at the Banner, Viki hires hotshot internet reporter Jeffrey King

• Members

I adore this man. He's a man who connects to the human condition and it shows. The way he relates to the fans, the way he portrays the David character, I'm convinced he's consistent in searching for the humanity in everything. And his recognition of the compound tragedy of this situation helps me maintain this position.

I agree. :)

Archived